- Provides a full-featured operating system available on the Cisco Nexus switching family
- Evolved from proven SAN-OS, designed for LAN, WAN, and SAN deployments
- Offers high availability, virtualization services, convergence, and simplified operations
- Provides exceptional flexibility for integrating new innovations and evolving industry standards
- Evolved from proven Cisco SAN-OS
- Delivers superior reliability, performance, and scalability
- Offers many unique features that help lower the cost of ownership in Unified Fabric and traditional SAN installations
Cisco NX-OS provides consistency across Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco MDS storage switches, and Cisco UCS networking elements
Cisco NX-OS modular architecture offers flexibility to easily incorporate new innovations and meet future functionality and scalability needs
NX-OS industry-leading innovations include:
Get a highly scalable, high-bandwidth and resilient Layer 2 multipath network without a spanning tree
Extend Layer 2 networks across geographically distributed data centers for transparent workload mobility.
Enable a new routing architecture with global IP address portability.
Converge LAN and SAN traffic over a single Ethernet unified fabric.
Virtualize a physical switch into multiple logical switches for infrastructure consolidation and segmentation (PCI certified).
Manage your network from a single point.
Configure a single port for various data center connectivity requirements.
Cisco In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
Deploy new features and services without any network outage or service disruption.
Extend network security policies and quality of service to the virtual machine level, based on 802.1Q standards.
Accelerate replication and backup applications over extended distances.
Encrypt storage media (tape or disk) to meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
Deploy online migration of data across heterogeneous storage methods to get workload mobility in a cloud.
Isolate traffic and management to consolidate and segment SANs.
The industry-leading NX-OS provides comprehensive and proven innovations for LANs, SANs, and WANs to transform data centers of all sizes
At A Glance
Easily converge LAN and SAN environments with Cisco NX-OS. Built to unify and simplify the data center, NX-OS provides the networking foundation for a Cisco Data Center Business Advantage framework.
Delivering the critical features for the next-generation networks, NX-OS is designed around four main attributes :
NX-OS provides exceptional resiliency for highly secure continuous operations and also delivers:
- Predictable performance for the most demanding network environments
- Granular process modularity with automatic fault isolation and containment integrated with hardware resiliency features
Improve efficiency with traditional and advanced NX-OS operational features, including:
- Integrated monitoring tools, analyzers, and switch clustering technologies
- Similarities to Cisco IOS for ease of use
NX-OS offers virtualization on many levels, to reduce infrastructure sprawl and total cost of ownership (TCO):
- Switch, network, and service-level virtualization
- Tight integration between network and virtualized servers enhances virtual machine portability
NX-OS flexibility, scalability and modular architecture helps to enable
- Integration of industry - leading innovation and evoluting standards.
- Simplified portability offers consistent deployment across multiple platforms.
Featured Case Study
- Salem Hospital Reduces Data Center Costs
Find out how Salem Hospital upgraded its main data center to help ensure business continuity, reduce energy consumption, and accommodate larger data volume.
- University of Arizona Deploys Unified Fabric
University of Arizona used the NX-OS family of products to converge its data and storage networks, reducing projected infrastructure costs by 50 percent.
News & Events