The dual-radio configuration of the Cisco Aironet 1510 Lightweight Outdoor Mesh Access Point dedicates one radio to access-point-to-access-point communications, allowing the mesh network to maximize all available channels, minimize interference from unlicensed devices and minimize latency. This configuration delivers high system capacity through pico-cellular designs and support for real-time applications delivered by the mobility services of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
The outdoor mesh access point:
- Dynamically optimizes traffic routes between nodes for high network resiliency and high system capacity
- Supports zero-touch configuration deployment and self-optimization
- Self-heals from interference or outages, reducing management costs
- Is compliant with Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)
- Employs hardware-based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption between wireless nodes to provide end-to-end security
- Provides the security, manageability, reliability and ease of deployment needed to create a high-performance outdoor wireless network