The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge is a flexible platform with the capability of access point, bridge, and workgroup bridge functionality. The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series provides high speed and cost effective wireless connectivity between multiple fixed or mobile networks and clients. Building a metropolitan area wireless infrastructure with the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series provides deployment personnel with a flexible, easy to use solution that meets the security requirements of wide area networking professionals. Typical applications for the Aironet 1300 Series are:
- Network connections within a campus area
- Outdoor infrastructure for mobile networks and users
- Public access for outdoor areas
- Temporary networks for portable or military operations
The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series supports the 802.11b/g standard – providing 54 Mbps data rates with a proven, secure technology. Cisco makes the maintenance and installation of the 1300 Series easy by integrating it with your wired network. Based on Cisco IOS operating system, the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series provides advanced features such as Fast Secure Layer 2 Roaming, QoS, and VLANs. Key benefits of the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series are:
- Configurable for access point, bridge, or workgroup bridge roles
- Support for both point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations
- Enhanced security mechanisms based on 802.1x standards
- Ruggedized enclosure optimized for harsh outdoor environments with extended operating temperature range
- Integrated or optional external antennas for deployment flexibility
Outdoor Bridge Range Calculation Utility
Estimate the range that can be expected, using factors such as antenna gain, transmit power, and path-loss exponent.
Cisco Secure Wireless Solution
View key documents and news highlighting wireless LAN security.
Cisco Aironet Compliance Status and Country SKU Options
Current status of product certifications in specific countries and country sku options.
Steps to Success
Steps to Success provides Cisco partners with a step-by-step resource for selling and delivering service and support throughout the network lifecycle.