Highly Secure Meetings in Your Private Cloud
Bring Cisco WebEx conferencing into your company's private cloud for a cost-effective, highly secure, and flexible collaboration and communications solution. Meet your organization's requirements for on-premises conferencing, and deliver the same user experience that has made Cisco WebEx a market-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) conferencing solution.
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server - a cost-effective, secure, and flexible collaboration and communications solution for your private cloud. (8:15 min)
Features and Capabilities
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a highly secure, fully virtualized, behind-the-firewall conferencing solution that combines audio, video, and web conferencing in a single solution. With Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, you can respond to organizational requirements for higher productivity, employee-led innovation, support for more flexible work styles, and dynamic collaboration.
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server also helps you comply with strict security or data privacy requirements, and support locations where Internet access is regulated or restricted. It also allows you to manage your conferencing solution as a capital expenditure instead of an operational expenditure.
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is optimized for the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise, so users can sign in more securely, host, and join meetings from mobile devices or Internet-connected PCs without requiring VPN access to the corporate network.
With Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, you can:
- Meet stringent requirements for data privacy and security by bringing Cisco WebEx conferencing behind the corporate firewall
- Build on your investment in Cisco Unified Communications, extending your implementation of Cisco UC Manager to conferencing
- Enhance individual and team productivity and collaboration with high-quality audio, video, and web conferencing
- Help mobile workers to be more productive and engaged, and participate in conferences using preferred mobile devices
- Easily manage your entire conferencing environment with an Administration Dashboard
Virtualized and Integrated
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a virtualized, software-based solution that runs on Cisco UCS x86 Servers and VMware. The solution uses virtual appliance technology for rapid deployment of services to users. There are two options for helping users to securely access WebEx conferences without going through a VPN:
- Deploy reverse proxy (edge servers) in the enterprise perimeter (DMZ)
- Deploy reverse proxy (edge servers) behind your internal firewall, thereby eliminating all enterprise perimeter (DMZ) components and related security and InfoSec concerns
In addition, simple port forwarding on Ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (SSL) is then used to minimize the number of ports that need to be opened in your external and internal firewalls. And backend servers integrate with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) for high-quality teleconferencing.
Specifications at a Glance
- VMware 5.0 & 5.1
- Cisco UCS servers: for smaller (50 and 250 user) systems: Cisco UCS C220 M3 or above; for larger (800 and 2,000 user) systems: Cisco UCS C460 M2 or above
- Cisco UCM 7.1, 8.6, 9.0 or 9.1 (for SIP trunk audio conferencing)
- Internet Explorer 8, 9
- Safari for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion
- Latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on Mac OS X and Windows
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 32- and 64-bit, Windows Server OS 2008 R2
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion
- iPhone and iPad running IOS 5.1 and above
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP2
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 32 /64 Bit (all SPs)
- Extends audio conferencing capabilities to Cisco UCM with dual stack IPv6 / IPv4 support
- SIP Trunk audio conferencing supports G.722, G.711 and G.729 audio codecs with optional TLS/SRTP encryption, with no reduction in system capacity
- High-fidelity G.722 audio conferencing1 on Cisco IP phones
- Meetings are secured using industry standard SSL 3.0 and 128- or 256-bit AES Encryption
- United States Department of Defense grade FIPS 140-2 Level 1 encryption supported