Improve Management of Smaller Wireless Networks
Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine CIS-114447
Video Data Sheet
See how Cisco Wireless Controllers simplify network deployment, operations and management. (5:32 min)
Get the Flash Player
Wireless Controller Fundamentals
Learn about technology, deployment, and protocols for controller-based networks.
View Video (6:32 min)
Deploy the Cisco Wireless Controller application on the Cisco Services-Ready Engine (SRE) to enable systemwide wireless functions in small to medium-sized businesses and branch offices.
The Cisco SRE modules are router blades for the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2). These routers allow you to provision the Cisco Wireless Controller applications on the module remotely at any time. This can help your organization to:
- Quickly deploy wireless on demand
- Reduce operating costs
- Consolidate branch-office infrastructure
Delivering 802.11n performance, Cisco SRE modules with the wireless controller application provide low total cost of ownership and flexibility to scale as network requirements grow.
Additional benefits of the wireless controller include:
- Up to 10 access points for Cisco SRE Internal Service Module (ISM) 300
- Up to 50 access points for Cisco SRE Service Module (SM) 700 and Cisco SRE Service Module (SM) 900
- Support for 802.11n up to 500 Mbps
- Centralized security policies to detect rogue access points and protect against denial-of-service attacks
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 mobility and quality of service for voice and video, highly secure wireless guest access
Licensing and Advanced Services for Productivity
Base access-point licensing starts with 5 or 25 access points. Advanced services include Enterprise Wireless Mesh, which allows access points to dynamically establish wireless connections in hard-to-connect locations.
Get Ready for the 2020 Workforce
Connect on Facebook
Cisco CleanAir in Action