Efficiently Manage Converged IP and Optical Transport Networks
Cisco Prime Optical provides highly efficient management of the converged IP and optical network from access to core, supporting both legacy TDM and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technologies for efficient delivery of next generation services.Through automated mechanisms for configuration, provisioning, and troubleshooting, Cisco Prime Optical helps operators to efficiently execute end-to-end circuit creation. It can also manage every point within the converged network with unprecedented accuracy and scale.
Get carrier-class, multi-technology management for transport networks. (3:40 min)
Transport Network Management
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Optical is available as a standalone product or as a pre-integrated component of the Cisco Prime Carrier Management solution - a comprehensive suite of network management applications that helps simplify the design, provisioning, and management of carrier-grade networks.
- Accelerates time to market of services through automation of network discovery, configuration, provisioning, troubleshooting, and change management
- Improves customer satisfaction through rapid resolution to network issues utilizing advanced diagnostics and real-time service-level agreement (SLA) monitoring
- Reduces both capital expenditures (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx) through pre-integration with the Cisco Prime for IP NGN suite of management applications, as well as standards-based interfaces to third-party applications
- GUI-based user interface with automated configuration and provisioning
- Support for TDM, Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON), DWDM, and Synchronous Optical Networks Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH)
- Detailed topology maps with detailed navigation, displaying both optical and packet network devices
- Support for up to 5000 optical network elements
- Redundant software and hardware support for high availability, supporting Linux
- Standards-compliant (CORBA TMF 814 v.3) information model and northbound interface (NBI) for integration
- Support for Linux and Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), with embedded Oracle options
Find out more about Cisco Prime Optical 9.6.
Get more information on transport network management.