New Memory Architecture for the Data Center
The Cisco UCS B250 M2 Extended Memory Blade Server helps maximize performance and capacity for the most demanding virtualization and large dataset applications. It is a full-width, 2-socket blade server with increased throughput and more than double the industry-standard memory of traditional 2-socket x86 servers.
The UCS B250 M2 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System, using Intel® Xeon® 5600 Series multicore processors to deliver even better performance and efficiency.
- Up to two Intel Xeon 5600 Series processors, which adjust server performance according to application needs
- Up to 384 GB based on Samsung's 40 nanometer class (DDR3) memory technology, for demanding virtualization and large dataset applications or a more cost-effective memory footprint for less demanding workloads
- Two optional Small Form-Factor (SFF) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives available in 73-GB 15,000 RPM and 146-GB 10,000 RPM versions with an LSI Logic 1064e controller and integrated RAID
- Two dual-port mezzanine cards for up to 40 Gbps of I/O per blade. Mezzanine card options include either a Cisco UCS VIC M81KR Virtual Interface Card, a converged network adapter (Emulex or QLogic compatible), or a single 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter.
Microsoft Tech Ed 2011
Cisco UCS B250 M2 Extended Memory Blade Server was selected as Best of Show in the hardware category at Microsoft Tech Ed 2011.Read more
* All prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) in United States dollars and are subject to change without notice. Prices exclude taxes, shipping, handling, and other applicable fees. Cisco Global Price List and contractual or standard discounts do not apply to any MSRP stated here. Service is sold separately. Any quoted prices for associated software are subject to change based on reseller terms. Orders will be fulfilled by Cisco-certified resellers, and actual reseller prices may vary. Cisco and Cisco resellers reserve the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers At-a-Glance)
Cisco UCS B250 M2 Extended Memory Blade Server: Best Virtualization Performance of Any Blade Server Anywhere (PDF - 120 KB)
Gain Exceptional Network Throughput with the Cisco UCS M81KR Virtual Interface Card (PDF - 640 KB)
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers Data Sheets)
End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices)
(All Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers White Papers)