|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Centralized Management and I/O Consolidation
The Cisco UCS 6140XP 40-Port Fabric Interconnect is a core part of the Cisco Unified Computing System. Typically deployed in redundant pairs, Fabric Interconnects provide uniform access to both networks and storage.
The Cisco UCS 6140XP is a 2 RU fabric interconnect and provides:
- 40 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) ports
- 1.04 terabits per second (Tbps) of throughput
- Two expansion module bays, each supporting up to eight Fibre Channel ports or up to six 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports using the SFP+ interfaces
- Support for up to 160 servers or 20 chassis as a single seamless system
- Solution Overview: Cisco Unified Computing System (PDF - 3.6 KB)
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
- Solution Overview: Cisco UCS Manager (PDF - 3.1 MB)
Cisco UCS Manager provides centralized management capabilities that serve as the central nervous system of the Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Technology Overview of Unified Computing
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today's demands while being ready to accommodate future technologies.
- How It Works -- Video Demo
Accelerate the delivery of new services simply, reliably, and securely through end-to-end provisioning and migration support for both virtualized and non-virtualized systems.
(All Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects Data Sheets)
Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis Data Sheet
Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects Data Sheet
(All Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects Solution Overviews)
Cisco Unified Computing System: Architecture for Implementing the Next Phase in an Industry Transition
(All Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects White Papers)
Cisco UCS Manager Architecture
Cisco Unified Computing System Extended Memory Technology Overview
Data Warehouse Scalability with Cisco Unified Computing System and Oracle Real Application Cluster with EMC CLARiiON® Storage
Improve Network Throughput by 38 Percent with the Cisco UCS M81KR Virtual Interface Card