Deliver Cost-Effective Subscriber Services
The Cisco DigiStar Ethernet over Coax (EoC) system is designed to combine cable television (CATV) signals with Ethernet-based digital data traffic for transmission to subscriber homes using existing in-home coaxial access networks. With Ethernet data delivered to the building, the DigiStar EoC system meets the Internet protocol (IP) interactive service requirement of cable operators for multiple dwelling unit (MDU) application. The DigiStar EoC system also supports video-on-demand (VoD) upstream service requests in the IP data return path, and subscriber service differentiation through rate limiting.
The Ethernet over Coax Element Management (ECEM) system provides remote management and monitoring functions for all EoC master and endpoints in an EoC network. With remote Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based management, ECEM can monitor device status, configure device parameters, and upgrade firmware. It can also test and analyze device performance to reduce maintenance costs and improve management efficiency.
Other features of Cisco DigiStar EoC include:
- Ethernet to coaxial cable connection complies with HPNA3.1 international standard
- Compliance with IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T), IEEE 802.3u (100Base-T), and TCP/IP protocols
- Embedded gateway
- Adaptive frequency-diverse quadrature amplitude modulation (FDQAM) and quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM)
- Maximum 144 Mbps PHY rate, maximum 96 Mbps sustained data rate
- Supports remote management via web, network monitoring, and SNMP-based ECEM system