The Cisco Catalyst® 3550 24 DC is a member of the Catalyst 3550 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches, a line of enterprise-class, stackable, multilayer switches that provide high availability, security and quality of service (QoS) to enhance the operation of the network. With a range of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet configurations, the Catalyst 3550 Series can serve as both a powerful access layer switch for medium enterprise wiring closets and as a backbone switch for mid-sized networks.
For the first time, customers can deploy network-wide intelligent services, such as advanced quality of service (QoS), rate-limiting, Cisco security access control lists, multicast management, and high-performance IP routingwhile maintaining the simplicity of traditional LAN switching.
Available for the Catalyst 3550 Series, the Cisco Network Assistant is a free centralized management application that simplifies the administration task of Cisco switches, routers, and wireless access point. Cisco Network Assistant offers user-friendly GUI interface to easily configure, troubleshoot, and enable and monitor the network.The Catalyst 3550 24 DC SMI switch provides:
- 24 10/100 ports and 2 GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports
- DC powered, NEBS level 3 compliant
- 1 rack unit (RU) stackable, multilayer switch upgradeable to full dynamic IP routing
- Standard Multilayer Software Image (SMI) installed, upgradeable to Enhanced Standard Multilayer Software Image (EMI)
- Ideal for access and distribution layer connectivity