The BXM-622 is an ATM OC-12c/STM-4 interface card that uses custom application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) technology, for the BPX 8600 series, to deliver the industry's most advanced and reliable ATM networking features. It Supports PVCs, SVCs, S-PVCs and MPLS LVCs (label VC). It provides redundancy protection for card as well as line via SONET/SDH Automatic Protection Switching (APS). Its high-speed connectivity takes ATM to new levels of efficiency and scalability.
The enhanced models of the BXM-622 deliver the most advanced atm switching and traffic management capabilities in the industry. These models extend scalability by doubling the connection density and cell buffers on selected models as well as providing future support for vc merging for large MPLS-based IP+ATM networks.
- High scalability and connection densities with up to 24 OC-12c/STM-4 ATM ports on a single Cisco BPX® 8600 series wide-area network switch
- Complete network control through dynamic resource sharing and support for all ATM service classes
- Industry's first fully compliant ATM Forum available bit rate (ABR) virtual source/virtual destination (VS/VD) capability in custom ASICs
- New level of ATM price/performance to optimize the network life cycle
- Support VC merging with future software upgrade to allow "label" sharing for different MPLS VCs with the same destination and class of service (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
As Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) switching becomes widely deployed in both service provider and enterprise networks, it brings to light an important issue: There is more to ATM networking than simply switching cells. ATM users need a network platform that cost-effectively delivers unprecedented levels of scalability, performance, and functionality.
Advanced ATM traffic management capabilities are implemented in a family of custom ASICs that enable high-density, high-speed ATM interface modules with advanced features and functionality for the BPX 8600 series wide-area switches.
This ASIC technology cost-effectively delivers the most advanced ATM switching and traffic management capability in the industry. It represents the first commercially available implementation of VS/VD.
The BXM-622 broadband switch module is an OC-12c/STM-4 version of the BXM interface card for the BPX switch platform. It operates at the standard Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/ Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) rate of 622.08 Mbps. One- and two-port versions of the card are available; both can be configured for either trunk or access application.
Fiber-optic interface options:
|Back Card||Source||Tx Power (dBm)||Rx Range (dBm)||Physical||Range (km)|
- Configurable for trunk and public or private User-Network Interface (UNI) application
- UNI conformant to ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1, ITU-T I.361 and I.432 specifications
- Support for ATM Forum ILMI 4.0
- Complies with standard Usage Parameter Control (UPC) per ATM Forum UNI V.3.1, TM V.4.0 and ITU-T I.371
- Supports virtual circuit connections (VCCs) and virtual path connections (VPCs) per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T I.371
- Virtual path identifier (VPI)/virtual channel identifier (VCI) range for VCCs and VPCs: per UNI Specification V.3.1
- Support for VC merging with future software upgrade (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
- Per-VC queuing and scheduling
- Per-VC traffic shaping
- Per-VC weighted fair queuing (WFQ)
- Up to 16 classes of service with the following configurable parameters:
- Separate cell discard threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells
- Separate early packet discard (EPD) threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells with future software upgrade (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
- Maximum Queue Depth (MQD) with partial packet discard (PPD)
- Service Priority Level (SPL)
- Explicit Forward Congestion Indication (EFCI) threshold
BXM-622 Broadband Switch Module
- Segment and end-to-end Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) loopbacks supported per Bellcore TA-NWT-001248
- External OAM segment flows, consisting of segment loopback cells per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T I.371
- Generation and detection of AIS and RDI OAM cells
- OAM cell generation and loopback facility supported for diagnostics and self-test purposes
|Status Site||Alarm LED Green||Alarm LED Yellow||Alarm LED Red|
|Product Number||Enhanced Model||Number of Ports per Card||Ingress Cell Buffer (cells)||Egress Cell Buffer (cells)||Number of Connections per Card||VC Merge Capable|