The BXM-155 is a multiport ATM OC-3c/STM-1 interface card that uses custom application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) technology, for the BPX 8600 Series, to deliver the industry's most advanced and reliable ATM networking features. It Supports PVCs, SVCs, S-PVCs and MPLS LVCs (label VC). It provides redundancy protection for card as well as line via SONET/SDH Automatic Protection Switching (APS). Its high-speed connectivity takes ATM to new levels of efficiency and scalability.
Enhanced models of the BXM-155 now also available, deliver the most advanced atm switching and traffic management capabilities in the industry. These models extend scalability by doubling the connection density and cell buffers on selected models as well as providing future support for vc merging for large MPLS-based IP+ATM networks.
- High scalability and connection densities with up to 96 OC-3c/STM-1 ATM ports on a single BPX® 8600 series wide-area switch
- Complete network control through dynamic resource sharing and support for all ATM service classes
- Industry's first fully compliant ATM Forum available bit rate (ABR) virtual source/virtual destination (VS/VD) capability in custom ASICs
- New level of ATM price/performance to optimize the network life cycle
- Support for VC merging with future software upgrade to allow "label" sharing for different MPLS VCs with the same destination and class of service (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
To address Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) networking issues related to growing traffic demands, varying types of traffic, and the cost-effective deployment of broadband ATM, there is a need for an ATM network platform that delivers unprecedented scalability, performance, and functionality at a low cost.
Advanced ATM traffic management capabilities are implemented in a family of custom ASICs that create high-density, high-speed ATM interface modules for the BPX 8600 and IGX 8400 series wide-area switches.
This ASIC technology cost-effectively delivers the most advanced ATM switching and traffic management capability in the industry. It represents the first commercially available implementation of VS/VD.
The BXM-155 broadband switch module is an OC-3c/STM-1 version of the BXM interface card for the BPX switch platform. It operates at the standard Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/ Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) rate of 155.520 Mbps. The card provides 4- or 8- OC-3c/STM-1 ATM ports per card, each of which can be configured for either trunk or access application.
- 4- or 8- OC-3c/STM-1 (155.520 Mbps) ports
- Complies with ATM Forum UNI Specification Version 3.1, 4.0
- Trunk- or port-interface mode
- Cell transfer rate of 353,208 cells per second
- Compliant with SONET standards:
- Compliant with SDH standards:
- STM-1 electrical interface compliant with ITU-T G.703
- 1:1 BXM redundancy
- Support for SONET/SDH 1+1 and 1:1 APS
Fiber-optic interface options:
|Back Card||Source 1310nm||Tx Power (dBm)||Rx Range (dBm)||Physical||Range (km)|
- Configurable for trunk and public or private User-Network Interface (UNI) application
- UNI conforment to ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1, ITU-T I.361 and I.432 specification
- Support for ATM Forum ILMI 4.0
- Complies with standard Usage Parameter Control (UPC) per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1, TM 4.0 and ITU-T I.371
- Supports virtual circuit connections (VCCs) and virtual path connections (VPCs) per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T I.371
- Virtual path identifier (VPI)/virtual channel identifier (VCI) range for VCCs and VPCs: per UNI Specification 3.1
- Support for VC merging with future software upgrade (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
- Per-VC queuing and scheduling
- Per-VC traffic shaping
- Per-VC weighted fair queuing (WFQ)
- Up to 16 classes of service with the following configurable parameters:
- Separate cell discard threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells
- Separate early packet discard (EPD) threshold for CLP0 and CLP1 cells with future software upgrade (enhanced -D and -DX models only)
- Maximum Queue Depth (MQD) with partial packet discard (PPD)
- Service Priority Level (SPL)
- Explicit Forward Congestion Indication (EFCI) threshold
BXM-155 Broadband Switch Module
- Segment and end-to-end Operations Administration and Maintenance (OAM) loopbacks supported per Bellcore TA-NWT-001248
- External OAM segment flows, consisting of segment loopback cells per ATM Forum UNI Specification V.3.1 and ITU-T1.371
- Generation and detection of AIS and RDI OAM cells
- OAM cell generation and loopback facility supported for diagnostics and self-test purposes
|Product Number||Enhanced Model||Number of Ports per Card||Ingress Cell Buffer (cells)||Egress Cell Buffer (cells)||Number of Connections per Card||VC Merge Capable|