Cisco Systems® offers a full set of Universal Broadband Router line cards to partition a Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) cable network and improve system effectiveness (Figure 1). The line cards offer cost-effective market entry and network scaling alternatives to configure upstream-to-downstream channel ratios. They support an unprecedented array of capabilities that enable delivery of differentiated services-with guaranteed service levels-to large numbers of subscribers. The line cards meet all DOCSIS Annex B RF data rates, channel widths, and modulation schemes.
DOCSIS Cisco Universal Broadband Router Line Cards
Table 1 on the next page lists the DOCSIS Universal Broadband Router line cards that support bidirectional and telephone-return operations. The line cards are supported on both the Cisco® uBR7200 Series and uBR10012 Universal Broadband Router. When housed in a Cisco uBR10012, a line card adapter must be used with the Cisco Universal Broadband Router line card.
Cisco also offers the MC16E Universal Broadband Router line card to support European DOCSIS (EuroDOCSIS) operations. Cisco offers other line cards that support DOCSIS operations. These include the Cisco 5x20U and 5x20 Broadband Processing Engine supported on the Cisco uBR10012, and the Cisco uBR7200 Series MC28U, MC16U, MC28X, and MC16X Broadband Processing Engine supported on the Cisco uBR7246VXR. For these products, see their respective data sheets.
|Line Card Model Numbers||Details|
|Cisco MC28C for the Cisco uBR7200 Series
|Cisco MC16S for the Cisco uBR7200 Series
|Cisco MC16C for the Cisco uBR7200 Series
|Cisco MC14C for the Cisco uBR7200 Series|
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) length (T = 0 to 10); upstream frequency range of 5 to 42 MHz edge-to-edge
- FEC length (T = 0 to 10)
- Modulation: Quadrature phase shift keying (QPSK) and 16 QAM
- Channel widths of 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.6, and 3.2 MHz
- Calibrated and widely adjustable upstream voltage level; total input power less than 35 dBmV; operating power range bursts within ±6 dB of commanded level; RF performance stable to ±1.5 dB across -5 to 50°C; RF spurs <5 µV on inputs and outputs
- Connector: 75 ohm F connectors
- Software highlights
- Support for Committed Access Rate (CAR), Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), and Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
- Regulatory and standards compliance
- Safety: UL 1950, CSA 22.2 No.950, EN60950