Securely Extending Wireless Coverage for Small Businesses
• Extends wireless access to desktop PCs and laptops, expanding placement options and saving on wiring costs
• Increases wireless throughput and range and reduces "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area with RangeBooster technology
• Protects network traffic to help safeguard business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption and security monitoring for additional visibility
• Compatible with both Wireless-G and Wireless-B
• Easy-to-use web interface simplifies installation and configuration
Figure 1. Cisco WPC200 Wireless-G Business Notebook Adapter: RangeBooster
The Cisco® WPC200 Wireless-G Business Notebook Adapter (Figure 1) installs in most notebook PCs, and lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building without the cost and hassle of running network cables.
RangeBooster technology, a compatible add-on to standard Wireless-G, can nearly double the range of your wireless network and increase its throughput by up to 35 percent. Unlike ordinary wireless technologies that are confused by signal reflections, RangeBooster uses two smart receivers at each end to detect and decode reflected signals at distances where standard technologies give up. You'll find that "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area are reduced, too.
The advanced security features make this solution ideal for your business. Advanced wireless security using Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) with up to 256-bit encryption, and Wireless Security Monitoring give your business the visibility and protection it needs. Used when a Cisco WAP200 Wireless-G Access Point is present, Wireless Security Monitoring alerts you to possible wireless intruders and vulnerabilities in the wireless network.
• Compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later, and XP Service Pack 2 or later
• Compatible with Wireless-B (802.11b) and Wireless-G (802.11g) standards
WEP, WPA-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, WPA2-Enterprise with RADIUS
WEP key bit lengths
64 bit and 128 bit
• Intrusion alarms (e.g., rogue client detected, spoofed MAC address)
• Vulnerability alarms (e.g., access point is not using encryption, access point is broadcasting service set identifier [SSID])
W x H x D
2.13 x 0.59 x 4.88 in.
(54 x 15 x 124 mm)
0.11 lb (0.05 kg)
FCC, CE, IC, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
32º to 149ºF (0º to 65ºC)
-4º to 185ºF (-20º to 85ºC)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
• Cisco WPC200 Wireless-G Business Notebook Adapter
• Setup wizard CD-ROM
• User guide on CD-ROM
• Quick installation guide
• 600-MHz or faster PC
• At least 256 MB of RAM
• CD-ROM drive
• Available CardBus slot
• Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (or later), or XP with Service Pack 2 (or later)
3-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with 3-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/smallbiz.