High-Speed Wireless Bridging for Small Businesses with Multiple Locations
• Securely connects separate wired networks spanning different locations
• Connects to Power over Ethernet devices, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for and cost of installing external power supplies
• Protects business information with enhanced security and advanced encryption
Figure 1. Cisco WET200 Wireless-G Business Ethernet Bridge
The Cisco® WET200 Wireless-G Business Ethernet Bridge (Figure 1) transparently bridges separate Ethernet networks together wirelessly and is ideal for small businesses with offices and resources that are in different office suites of a building or in closely adjacent buildings. The WET200 is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) end device, so it can be installed anywhere an Ethernet cable can be run if there is no ready access to a power outlet. PoE enables delivery of both data and power to the Cisco WET200. An AC adapter is also included for use if the device installation site has a power outlet nearby.
Advanced security features include Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) with up to 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption using Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), giving small businesses the protection they need to communicate and transfer data securely. The integrated quality of service (QoS) features provide consistent voice and video quality on both the wired and wireless networks, enabling the deployment of business-quality voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
Additional support for VLANs, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Spanning Tree Protocol, and port mirroring make this an ideal solution for network administrators to incorporate into larger organizations.
• 5-port 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet managed switch, autosensing half/full duplex and medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X)
• Supports 802.11b and 802.11g wireless connection to access point
• Easy installation and configuration via a web interface
MAC-based ACL between wired and wireless interfaces
IEEE 802.1X support
Quality of Service
• 4 queues
• Queue mapping on ingress based on default priority, 802.1p tag, DSCP, and IP ToS
• Rate limiting on both ingress and egress direction
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) priority settings for wireless egress
• 16 VLAN groups
• 256 MAC address entries across wireless bridge
• 1024 MAC address entries in the switch
W x H x D
6.69 x 8.07 x 7.68 in.
(170 x 205 x 195 mm)
12.17 oz (345 g)
12V 0.5A DC input and IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE
Maximum power draw: 4.2W
FCC, ICES-003, CE
32º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
-4º to 158ºF (-20º to 70ºC)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
• Cisco WET200 Wireless-G Business Ethernet Bridge
• 2 SMA detachable dipole antennas
• User guide on CD-ROM
• Quick installation guide
• Ethernet network cable
• Power adapter
• Product stands
• Registration card
• PC or devices with Ethernet port
• 802.11b or 802.11g wireless access point
• Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
Limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and/or power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes, as available, for the warranty term. To download software updates, go to: www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.