Product Bulletin No. 2134
Announcing the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920
Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 provides the first generation of wireless IP phones for the Cisco IP Communications Solution.
Cisco® extends the power of IP Communications throughout the enterprise through a powerful converged wireless solution with intelligent wireless infrastructure and an innovative product with the introduction of the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920. The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is an easy-to-use IEEE 802.11b wireless IP phone that provides comprehensive voice communications in conjunction with Cisco CallManager and Cisco Aironet® 1200, 1100, 350, and 340 Series of Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b) access points. As a key part of the Cisco AVVID Wireless Solution, the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 delivers seamless intelligent services such as security, mobility, QoS, and management, across an end-to-end Cisco network.
The Cisco Wireless IP Communications Solution can increase enterprise user productivity by enabling IP telephone mobility in a campus environment. The solution also enables enterprise users to globally answer business critical calls anywhere on a corporate campus and reduce telephone tag. The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is equally adaptable for all mobile professionals, from managers on the move within an office environment to associates working in the warehouse, on the sales floor, or in the call center. Nurses, doctors, educators, and IT personnel can also increase their reachability as an ever-broadening range of industries adopt wireless LANs.
The Cisco Wireless IP Communications Solution enables Enterprises to take advantage of the extended voice services offered through their office network, preserving their cellular phone for off campus usage, and reducing Operational Expenditures. The solution also allows Enterprises the flexibility to add coverage and capacity as needed to meet user needs and offers wireline voice quality. Additionally, the Cisco Wireless IP Communications solution operates seamlessly with existing Cisco Wired IP Communications solutions on a single converged intelligent network. Cisco IP Communications services and support reduces the cost, time, and complexity associated with implementing a converged network Cisco and its partners have designed and deployed some of today's largest and most complex IP Communications networks-which mean that they understand how to integrate an IP Communications solution into your network.
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 delivers up to six extensions, wireline voice quality, small form factor, standard and extended Li-ion battery options, menu driven graphical user interface, inter-campus secure-seamless roaming, Cisco Wireless Security Suite IEEE 802.1X Cisco LEAP and 40/128 bit static Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), as well as advanced features such as user profiles and automated over-the-air firmware upgrades. The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is XML capable and will deliver XML services, and WPA security enhancements in a future software release. For maximum investment protection, the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is designed for software upgradeability to future feature enhancements for more robust, IEEE 802.11e standards-based quality of service. Cisco is leading the way in providing wireless IP Communications solutions that enable enterprise mobility and in the future, integrated desktop voice/messaging solutions.
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is designed for ease-of-use including features
- Pixel-based display-Provides intuitive access to calling features
- Two soft keys-Dynamically present calling options to the user
- Four-way rocker switch-Allows easy movement through the displayed information
- "Hold" key and "Mute" key-Provides users with the flexibility to either place an active call on hold or to `listen only' to the conversation without background noise interference
- Volume-control-Provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset and ringer when in use
- "Menu" key-Allows for quick access to information such as directories, call history and phone settings such as:
- Various preferences such as Cisco CallManger ring types, user profiles, and preferred language.
Supported Call Features:
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 is designed to grow with system capabilities. Features will keep pace with new system enhancements.
Supported Security and Encryption Features:
- 100mW Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP) with scaling at 1, 5, 20, 50, 100mW
- CCM ringing tones
- CDP, DHCP / TFTP (automated over-the-air firmware uploads)
- Menu driven UI
- Graphical driven display
- Site survey
- "You have voice-mail" message on display
- Nine speed dials configurable in the set
- Comfort noise generation (CNG), voice activity detection (VAD), adaptive jitter buffer, and echo cancellation
- English, French, German language support in first release
Table 1 lists some of the common part numbers for the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 and Cisco CallManager:
Table 1 Part Numbers
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Cisco products, call or visit:
- United States and Canada: (toll free) 800 553-NETS (6387)
- Europe: 32 2 778 4242
- Australia: 1 800 678 808
- Other: 408 526-7209
- Web: http://www.cisco.com