A. The Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone is a five-line phone that features a high resolution color display. The phone operates in both wired or wireless mode. It supports wired connectivity through an Ethernet port with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and a switched PC port, wireless connectivity with Wireless-G networks, and Bluetooth connectivity with headsets or mobile phones.
Q. When will the phone be orderable?
A. The Cisco SPA525G2 is now available on the wholesale price list (WPL).
Q. What is the price of the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. The Cisco SPA525G2 costs US $365 list; the discount varies, depending on partner level.
Q. Who are the target customers for the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. Cisco SPA525G2 end user segments can be grouped as follows:
Home and small offices that:
• Require enhanced connectivity options
• Require a high-end usability phone
• Require integration with mobile phones
Small businesses with on-premises or hosted private-branch-exchange (PBX) service that:
• Want to integrate the Cisco SPA525G2 with an existing Cisco Unified Communications 300 or 500 Series for Small Business, or a hosted voice-over-IP (VoIP) service with PBX features
• Want an advanced IP phone for use on an employee's or manager's desk, or in a receptionist environment
• Food and beverage
• Legal, medical, or financial services
Q. What are the differences between the new Cisco SPA525G2 and the existing Cisco SPA 525G 5-Line IP Phone with Color Display?
A. The new Cisco SPA525G2 is considered an evolution of the existing Cisco SPA 525G. The Cisco SPA525G2 features Cisco Mobile Link functions.
Cisco Mobile Link is a feature that allows the Cisco SPA525G2 to be paired with a mobile phone by using Bluetooth technology. With Cisco Mobile Link, you can perform the following actions:
• Pair (link) the Cisco SPA525G2 with a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone
• Make or receive a call through the mobile phone network by using the Cisco SPA525G2 handset
• In privacy mode, switch your call audio between the Cisco SPA525G2 and the mobile phone
• Charge the mobile phone battery through the Cisco SPA525G2 USB port
Q. When compared to other SPA 500 phones, what are the unique features of the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. The following are considered the unique features of the Cisco SPA525G2 when compared to other phones in the SPA 500 family:
• High-resolution QVGA color LCD display, 3.2 inches, and 320 x 240 pixels
• Wireless-G client for voice wireless connectivity
• Bluetooth support for headset connectivity
• Cisco Mobile Link for Bluetooth connectivity to mobile phones
• Cisco AnyConnect Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN client support
• Support for MP3 ring tones and MP3 music player
• Support for Really Simple Syndication (RSS) news feeds
Q. Who can sell the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. Any authorized partners that can buy the Cisco SPA525G2 through their channels can sell the phone.
Q. What accessories are available for the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. An optional wall-mount kit (MB100) is available for customers who want to wall-mount the phone. An optional Cisco SPA 500S Expansion Module is available for customers who want to add multiple line keys to the phone, typical of key systems or receptionist positions. You can add a maximum of two modules to a Cisco SPA525G2, each supporting 32 line buttons (total of 64 buttons).
Q. Where can I learn more about the Cisco SPA525G2?
Q. What languages does the Cisco SPA525G2 support?
A. The Cisco SPA525G2 currently supports English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Other languages will be supported on the phone through a dictionary update to the phone. Dictionaries are available to download on the Cisco Small Business Support Community at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11462.
Q. What voice protocols does the Cisco SPA525G2 support?
A. The Cisco SPA525G2 supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Version 2 with the Cisco Unified Communications 300 Series and third-party call controllers or the Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series.
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support wideband audio?
A. Yes, it supports wideband audio, also known as high-definition voice.
Q. What codecs are supported?
A. The Cisco SPA525G2 currently supports G.711a, G.711u, G.726, G.729a, and the wideband codec G.722.
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support a full-duplex speakerphone?
A. Yes, the Cisco SPA525G2 supports a full-duplex speakerphone with advance acoustic echo cancellation.
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support VLAN tagging on the PC port?
A. Yes, the Cisco SPA525G2 supports the option to configure a VLAN tag on traffic originating from the PC port.
Q. What standard calling features are supported?
A. The following features are supported (some features require support on call controllers):
• Auto answer
• Call waiting, cancel call waiting, and call waiting caller ID
• Caller ID with name and number (multinational variants)
• Caller ID blocking
• Call forwarding: No answer, busy, and all
• Call transfer
• Call return
• Call back on busy
• Call blocking with toll restriction
• Call park and unpark
• Do not disturb
• Three-way conference calling with local mixing
• Group paging
• Corporate directory access
• Message waiting indication: Visual and tone-based
A. Cisco Mobile Link uses Bluetooth for connectivity with mobile phones. It uses the Bluetooth Headset v1.1, Handsfree v1.5, and Phone Book v1.0 profiles (standards). However, even though the Cisco SPA525G2 is based in standards, there is no guarantee that it can interoperate with all mobile phones. The Cisco Small Business support community contains a list of mobile phones and their compatibility with the Cisco SPA525G2; it is available at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11894.
Q. What types of headsets does the Cisco SPA525G2 support?
The Cisco SPA525G2 also support Bluetooth headsets. It supports the Bluetooth headset profile specification v1.1.
Q. What types of security can I implement for the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. The phone supports the following security features:
• Certificates and Secure HTTP (HTTPS)
• Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) (media)
• Transport Layer Security (TLS) (signaling) and SIP over TLS
• Encrypted configuration files up to 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support an XML or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) corporate directory?
A. Yes, the Cisco SPA525G2 supports both LDAP and Cisco XML corporate directory structures.
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support remote management?
A. Yes. You can update voice configuration parameters if your service providers use one of the supported mass provisioning methods through Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), HTTP, or HTTPS.
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 have a message-waiting-indicator LED?
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 work with instant messaging applications?
Q. Does the Cisco SPA525G2 support syslog?
Q. What ring-tone formats are supported?
A. The table below shows the association of ring-tone suffix to ring-tone format.
Q.How can I upgrade the firmware?
A. You can upgrade the firmware in one of the following ways:
• Remotely: Your Internet telephony service provider (ITSP) may upgrade your firmware remotely from an HTTP server or by using a profile for your phone. For more information about this method of upgrading your software, contact your ITSP.
• Locally: You can upgrade the firmware locally through the firmware upgrade section of the web user interface.
Q. Can I use video streaming and VPN capabilities on the Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone at the same time?
A. No; you can configure both on the phone, but you can use only one at a time.
Q. Can I run high-definition (HD) voice on the Cisco SPA525G2 when running VPN?
Q. How many video streams can exist on the Cisco SPA525G2?
A. You can configure up to four video streams, but you can monitor only one at a time.
Q. Are the soft keys on the Cisco SPA525G2 programmable?
A. Yes, you can configure the four context-sensitive keys per call state. Refer to the administration guide for more details.
Q. Please describe the different ways of monitoring video on the Cisco SPA525G2.
A. You can either assign a phone to a specific camera, and incoming calls from that phone will launch video, or configure on-demand monitoring.
Q. What SSL VPN devices does the Cisco SPA525G2 support?
A. The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances, Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business, and the Cisco SR 520 Secure Router are supported.
Q. What types of SSL VPNs are supported on the phone?
A. Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN is supported.
Q. When in VPN mode, does the PC port on the phone work?
A. No; the PC port does not function when the phone is in VPN mode.
Q. When in Wireless-G connectivity mode, does the PC port on the phone work?
A. No; the PC port does not function when the phone is connected by wireless.