• Business-quality VoIP calls over a Wi-Fi network with wireless handset convenience
• Configurable provisioning capabilities to enable mass-scale service provider activation and deployment
• Superior performance and range with 802.11g
• Multi-feature support, such as caller ID, call forwarding, call transfer, three-way conferencing, call history, phone book, SMS, and built-in speakerphone
Figure 1. Cisco WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone
The Cisco® WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone (Figure 1) enables high-quality voice over IP (VoIP) service through a Wireless-G network.
The Cisco WIP310 operates in the 2.4-GHz band and supports 802.11b/g and the latest VoIP Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). The large, full-color high-resolution display features an intuitive user interface that enables users to easily and quickly configure the handset with network access using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
WPS is a fast, highly secure way of connecting the Cisco WIP310 IP phone with any standards-based Wireless-G broadband router. Just press the WPS button and your connection will automatically be configured and secured with a custom service set identifier (SSID) using powerful Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) encryption. Within seconds you have successfully set up a highly secure connection.
The Cisco WIP310 uses the same trusted and proven provisioning capabilities presently being used to deploy other popular Cisco voice products for small and medium-sized businesses on a massive scale. Customers purchasing VoIP service from a service provider and using the Cisco WIP310 can be quickly provisioned over a Wi-Fi connection, receiving their configuration profile securely right to the handset via a Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), HTTP, or HTTPS download.
The included telephone base accentuates the modern design of the handset and provides hands-free convenience when using the built-in speakerphone. The Cisco WIP310 supports many features such as caller ID, call forwarding, call transfer, and three-way conferencing and can store 200 records in its phone book.
Benefit with low-cost VoIP service and access to any Wireless-G network using the WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone from Cisco.
• Supports SIP v2 standards
• Complies with the IEEE 802.11b/g wireless standard
• Supports WPS
• Supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) quality of service (QoS) (802.11e)
• Short Message Service (SMS) support
• Averages about 3 hours talk time, 40 hours standby time (home)**
• Easy configuration via web interface or provisioning server
• Backlit keypad and display
• Multiprofile Wi-Fi support
• Visual voicemail indicator
• Network Address Translation (NAT) pass-through/serial tunnel (STUN) support
• USB charger interface
• Polyphonic ring tone
• User-downloadable ring tones
Table 1 contains the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone
13 dBm for 802.11g, 15 dBm for 802.11b
Outdoor: up to 100-300m; indoor: up to 25-100m
Planar inverted-F antenna (PIFA)
1 USB port (1.1 and 2.0), 2.5m standard 4-segment earphone jack
• 64- and 128-bit Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption
• WPA personal
• WPA2 personal
• SIP v2 Session Initiation Protocol (RFC3261)
• SIP reliable 1xx response (RFC3262)
• SIP SRV lookup (RFC3263)
• SIP offer/answer model (RFC3264)
• SIP subscribe/notify framework (RFC3265)
• STUN (RFC3489)
• SIP message waiting indication (RFC3842)
• SIP refer (RFC3515)
• SIP info (RFC2976)
• SIP message method for text messaging (RFC3428)
• Session Description Protocol (SDP) (RFC2327)
• DNS SRV (RFC2782)
• Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) (RFC1889)
• HTTP authentication (RFC2617)
G.711u, G.711a, G.726 (at 32 kbps only), G.729ab
Dual-tone multifrequency (DTMF) transmission
DTMF events over RTP (RFC2833)
• Acoustic echo cancellation (AEC)
• Automatic gain control
• Adaptive jitter buffer
• Packet/frame lost concealment
• Adjustable audio frames per packet
• Caller ID
• Call mute
• Call hold/resume
• Call forward (conditional, unconditional, busy, or no answer)
• Call transfer (attended or blind)
• Call waiting
• Call blocking
• Do not disturb
• Shared call appearance (SCA)
• 3-way conferencing with local mixing
• Media loop back (MLB)
• Call parking and unparking
• IP dialing
• Secure calls
• Integrates with the Cisco SPA9000 Voice System
* Some features may require support by the call server
• Speakerphone button
• Local phone book
• Dial from call history
• Web services (weather/stock quotes/local search)
• User-downloadable ring tones
• Key lock
• Wi-Fi access point site survey
• Voice/data statistics
• Speed dial
• Phone book (200 records)
• Call history (20 records)
• Embedded web configuration interface (with password protection)
• Auto provisioning via TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS
• Configuration changes via Modem Management Interface (MMI) or web interface
• Remote firmware upgrade via TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS
• Secure, remote provisioning capabilities for mass scale
• Service provider activation
• Quick installation guide
• User guide
• Administration guide
• Provisioning guide (service providers only)
W x H x D
1.71 x 5.85 x 1.00 in.
(43.5 x 148.7 x 25.3 mm)
3.88 oz (110 g)
Mini USB AC adapter AC100 ~ 240V input, 5V/1.0A DC output
Lithium ion (Li-ion) 3.7V 860-mAH battery, AC adapter
**Batteries are rechargeable and have a limited number of charge cycles.
The batteries may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life will vary from the stated average by usage, configuration, and environment.
FCC, CE, Wi-Fi
32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
-4° to 149°F (-20° to 65°C)
10% to 80% noncondensing
10% to 95% noncondensing
• Phone cradle
• Power adapter
• Li-ion battery
• USB cable
• Quick install guide
• Internet connection (cable/DSL/other)
• Access to Wi-Fi network
• Activated VoIP service
1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty.
The maximum performance for wireless is derived from the IEEE 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range, and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions, and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference, and other adverse conditions. Simultaneous, active calling and Wi-Fi roaming between access points is not supported.
Check the product package and contents for specific features supported. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Service and Support
The Cisco Small Business Support Service provides three years affordable peace of mind coverage, to help protect your investment and derive maximum value from your Cisco Small Business solution. The subscription-based service offers software updates, telephone and online chat access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next business day hardware replacement.
Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
This Cisco Small Business product is covered by a Cisco 1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term, and telephone and online chat technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.