The Cisco® Unified CRM Connector for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted provides contact centers with unified call flows, business processes, and desktops for call handling and business-transaction navigation.
Modern call centers need unified call flows, business processes, and desktops for both call handling and business-transaction navigation. The Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted provides these capabilities in an easily deployed product with support for SAP. With Cisco Unified CRM Connector, agents can place, receive, and transfer customer interactions with full, real-time access to SAP customer data, saving money, increasing revenue, improving monitoring, and enhancing customer service.
Your company can save costs, improve efficiency, and increase revenue by using Cisco Unified CRM Connector to integrate your SAP customer database applications with Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions. This result of this integration is a screen pop of SAP information on the agent's terminal simultaneously with the call arrival, facilitating lookup of SAP information by phone number, agent, or information entered with interactive voice response (IVR); conferencing, transfer, and routing of calls from within the SAP screen; and logging of activity for incoming and outgoing calls in the SAP database.
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP provides prepackaged integration of SAP and Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions. This integration provides the benefits of a fully supported product for fast, easy installation, committed future growth, and availability of upgrades that correspond one to one with upgrades in Cisco and SAP. Cisco Unified CRM Connector is the central server component that manages the realtime flow of interactions between the SAP desktop user interface and the contact center. Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP gives SAP clients access to enhanced contact center functions and allows contact centers to more efficiently manage all types of customer interactions and deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP adds screen pop, click-to-dial, and automatic logging capabilities to contact centers in organizations using the SAP software. It is critical for companies whose contact center team requires the capability to fully interact with the SAP database easily and efficiently using Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions.
How Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP Works
Through tight integration, Cisco contact centers can improve call management and enable full computer telephony integration (CTI) functions using the SAP desktop, including agent login, desktop phone controls, caller identification, and screen pops. Agents can place, receive, and transfer customer interactions with full, real-time access to SAP customer data.
The Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP features an open architecture that easily and transparently integrates through the standard SAP interactive communications interface (ICI) with Cisco contact center solutions.
Following is an example of how you can use Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP in conjunction with Cisco Unified Contact Center in a contact center environment:
• When agents start SAP on their desktops, the SAP software, through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector, logs the agents into the Cisco Unified Contact Center.
• Agents use the SAP CRM desktop to prepare for a call. The ready request is passed through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to the Cisco Unified Contact Center.
• A call comes into the Cisco Unified Contact Center, and the Cisco Unified CRM Connector monitors call events, capturing call information, events, and agent state.
• The Cisco Unified Contact Center directs the call to the Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal to collect data, such as account number or specific business information such as catalog items to be purchased, service requests, orders, and quotes. This information is added to the call as call-attached data and is captured by the Cisco Unified CRM Connector for use in the screen pop.
• The Cisco Unified Contact Center routes and queues the call for the target agent group.
• The Cisco Unified Contact Center selects an agent, routes the call to the agent, and sends call data through the CRM connector to the SAP server using the ICI interface. When the call is delivered to the available agent, it rings on the agent's phone. The agent's SAP application uses the event data to look up the customer information.
• The SAP desktop alerts the agent of the incoming call and activates its "Answer" button. At the same time, the agent's SAP application executes a screen pop with the attached data provided through the SAP application.
• The agent clicks the "Answer" button. This action answers the call, passing the command back through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to the Cisco Unified Contact Center, which answers the call.
• The agent can now navigate the contact information in SAP from the screen pop record and control the phone transparently from within the SAP desktop.
• The agent modifies call data, including wrap-up in the SAP screen.
• The agent or caller terminates the call; call data is sent back to SAP and to the Cisco Unified Contact Center.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions can help your business move into the next phase of customer contact, beyond today's contact center to a customer interaction network. The customer interaction network is a distributed, IP-based customer service infrastructure that comprises a continuously evolving suite of innovative, multichannel Cisco services and CRM applications. These services and applications can help your organization deliver exceptional customer service. A customer interaction network extends customer service capabilities across the entire organization, giving your business a more integrated and collaborative approach to customer satisfaction and leading to a better, more unique, customer-centric experience.
Combined with Cisco Unified Contact Center, Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP delivers the following advantages:
• Improved efficiency and cost savings: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP can reduce call time, speed resolution of concerns, and enable faster call processing. You can shorten the total time agents spend on inbound calls by as much as 20 seconds on every call by giving agents customer information on their desktop at the time the customer call arrives. Depending on the number of agents, this cost savings alone can provide a rapid return on investment (ROI). In addition, quick resolution of customer concerns is possible, because agents can use the historical information in SAP to shorten call hold times and quickly address customers' concerns when they pick up the call. Simple on-screen click-to-talk capabilities are integrated into the SAP screen, allowing agents to manage inbound calls faster and initiate outbound calls quickly. These improved efficiencies add to the overall cost savings in the contact center and translate to your company's profitability, positively affecting your ROI.
• Enhanced customer experiences: Cisco Unified CRM Connector helps agents get a full view of the customer's information from multiple contacts. An enhanced customer experience is possible because agent access to all this information enables a more personal interaction, quickly and efficiently providing accurate information for faster handling of customer concerns without the need for repeated calls. Companies deploying Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP can differentiate themselves from the competition through improved customer satisfaction.
• Increased revenue: Integration of call centers with SAP information is the key to increased revenue by enabling every employee to become a sales representative for the company. Even customer service representatives can be empowered to cross-sell products, and inbound sales representatives can improve up-sell rates with the wealth of information that is quickly presented on their screens, including sales data and detailed business information. In addition, outbound campaigns can use the CRM integration to increase revenue by giving agents customer information upon call connection, helping them identify the customer and customize the interaction.
• Proven integration solution: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP is a proven, certified product for integration of SAP with Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions, helping ensure companies of an efficient implementation and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
Table 1 lists additional features and benefits of Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Unified CRM Connector for SAP
Agents no longer need to remember to log inbound and outbound call events into SAP. Call event logging into SAP is now automatic, giving administrators accurate reports of all agent activity, all from within SAP.
Agents need only click the phone number to place calls, removing the possibility of manually dialing the wrong number, a situation that can happen as frequently as 10 percent of the time in some cases.
Prepackaged integration of SAP and the Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions enables fast, easy installation, committed future growth, and corresponding upgrades to Cisco Unified Contact Center and SAP.
Full telephony functions
Full telephony functions in the SAP agent desktop include desktop phone control, caller identification, and screen pops.
This robust, proven architecture has been successfully deployed at numerous large enterprises worldwide.
Expanded functions of SAP: real-time control
Contact centers can expand the functions of their SAP agent desktops to support full contact center capabilities. Agents can effectively place, receive, and transfer interactions with full, real-time access to customer data in SAP, facilitating real-time management of customer interactions in a true multivendor environment. This feature allows you to take advantage of existing or new infrastructure investment.