The Cisco® Unified CRM Connector for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted and Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management provides contact centers with unified call flows, business processes, and desktops for both call handling and business-transaction navigation.
Modern call centers need unified call flows, business processes, and desktops for both call handling and business-transaction navigation. The Cisco Unified CRM Connector for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted and Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management provides these capabilities in an easily deployed product with support for PeopleSoft. With Cisco Unified CRM Connector, agents can place, receive, and transfer customer interactions with full, real-time access to PeopleSoft customer data - saving money, increasing revenue, improving monitoring, and facilitating enhanced customer service.
Your company can save costs, improve efficiency, and increase revenue by using Cisco Unified CRM Connector to integrate your PeopleSoft customer database applications with Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions. This integration facilitates a screen pop of PeopleSoft information on the agent's terminal simultaneously with the call arrival; lookup of PeopleSoft information by phone number, agent, or interactive voice response (IVR)-entered information; conference, transfer, and routing calls from within the PeopleSoft screen; and logging of activity for incoming and outgoing calls in the PeopleSoft database.
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft provides prepackaged integration between PeopleSoft and the Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions. This integration provides the benefits of a fully supported product for fast, easy installation, committed future growth, and availability of upgrades that correspond one-to-one with upgrades in Cisco, Peoplesoft, and other Oracle customer-relationship-management (CRM) solution products. Cisco Unified CRM Connector is the central server component that manages the real-time flow of interactions between the PeopleSoft desktop user interface and the contact center. Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft gives PeopleSoft clients access to enhanced contact center functions and allows contact centers to more efficiently manage all types of customer interactions and deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft adds screen pop, click-to-dial, and automatic logging capabilities to contact centers in organizations using the PeopleSoft software. It is critical for companies whose contact center team requires the ability to fully interact with their PeopleSoft database easily and efficiently using Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions.
How Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft Works
Through tight integration, Cisco contact centers can improve call management and enable full computer-telephony-integration (CTI) functions using the PeopleSoft desktop, including agent login, desktop phone controls, caller identification, and screen pop. Agents can place, receive, and transfer customer interactions with full, real-time access to PeopleSoft customer data.
The Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft features an open architecture that easily and transparently integrates through the standard PeopleSoft Multi-Channel API (PSMCAPI) in PeopleTools with Cisco Contact Center solutions.
Following is an example of how you can use Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft in conjunction with Cisco Unified Contact Center in a contact center environment:
• When agents start PeopleSoft on their desktop, the PeopleSoft software, through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector, logs the agent into the Cisco Unified Contact Center or the automatic call distributor (ACD) through Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management using agent settings stored in PeopleSoft software.
• Agents use PeopleSoft CRM desktop to prepare for a call. The ready request is passed through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to Cisco Unified Contact Center (or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management).
• A call comes into Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management and the Cisco Unified CRM Connector monitors call events, capturing call information, events, and agent state.
• The Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management directs the call to the Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal to collect data such as account number or specific business information such as catalog item to be purchased, service requests, orders, quotes, etc. This information is added to the call as call-attached data and is captured by the Cisco Unified CRM Connector for use in the screen pop.
• One of the following takes place:
– Cisco Unified Contact Center routes and queues the call for the target agent group.
– The traditional ACD routes and queues the call for the target agent groups with assistance from Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management.
• Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management selects an agent, routes the call to the agent, and sends call data through the CRM connector to the PeopleSoft REN server using the PSMCAPI. When the call is delivered to the available agent, it rings on the agent's phone. The agent's PeopleSoft application uses the event data to look up the customer information.
• The PeopleSoft desktop alerts the agent of the incoming call and activates its "Answer" button. At the same time, the agent's PeopleSoft application executes a screen pop with the attached data provided through the PeopleSoft application.
• The agent clicks the "Answer" button. This action answers the call, passing the command back through the Cisco Unified CRM Connector to Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management, which answers the call.
• The agent can now navigate the contact information in PeopleSoft from the screen pop record and control the phone transparently from within the PeopleSoft desktop.
• The agent modifies call data, including wrap-up in the PeopleSoft screen.
• The agent or caller terminates the call; call data is sent back to PeopleSoft and to Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions can help your business move into the next phase of customer contact - beyond today's contact center to a Customer Interaction Network. The Customer Interaction Network is a distributed, IP-based customer service infrastructure that comprises a continuously evolving suite of innovative, multichannel Cisco services and CRM applications. These services and applications can help your organization deliver exceptional customer service. A Customer Interaction Network extends customer service capabilities across the entire organization, giving your business a more integrated and collaborative approach to customer satisfaction and leading to a better, more unique, customer-centric experience.
Combined with Cisco Unified Contact Center or Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management, Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft delivers the following advantages:
• Improved efficiency and cost savings: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft can reduce call time, speed resolutions, and allow for faster call processing. You can shorten the total time agents spend on inbound calls by as much as 20 seconds every call by giving agents customer information on their desktop at the time the customer call arrives. Depending on the number of agents, this cost savings alone can provide a rapid return on investment (ROI). In addition, quick resolution of customer concerns is possible, because agents can now use the historical information in PeopleSoft to shorten call hold times and quickly address the customer's concern when they pick up the call. Finally, simple on-screen click-to-talk capabilities are integrated into the PeopleSoft screen, allowing agents to manage inbound calls faster and initiate outbound calls quickly. These improved efficiencies add to the overall cost savings in the contact center and translate to your company's profitability - positively affecting your ROI.
• Enhanced customer experiences: Cisco Unified CRM Connector helps agents get a full view of the customer's information from multiple contacts. Providing an enhanced customer experience is now possible because agent access to all of this information allows for a more personal interaction, quickly and efficiently providing accurate information for faster handling of customer concerns without the need for repeated calls. Companies deploying Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft can differentiate themselves from the competition by improved customer satisfaction.
• Increased revenue: Integration of call centers with PeopleSoft information is the key to increased revenue by enabling every employee to become a sales representative for the company. Even customer service representatives can now be empowered to suggest cross-selling products, and the inbound sales representatives also improve up-sell rates with the wealth of information that is quickly presented on their screens, including sales data and detailed business information. In addition, outbound campaigns can use the CRM integration to improve revenue by giving agents customer information upon call connection, helping them identify the customer and customize the interaction.
• Proven integration solution: Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft is a proven, certified product for integrating PeopleSoft with Cisco Contact Center solutions - assuring companies of an efficient implementation and a lower total cost of ownership.
Table 1 lists additional features and benefits of Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft.
Table 1. Table 1 Features and Benefits of Cisco Unified CRM Connector for PeopleSoft
Agents no longer need to remember to log inbound and outbound call events into PeopleSoft. Logging call events into PeopleSoft is now automatic, allowing administrators to have accurate reports of all agent activity, all from within PeopleSoft.
Agents only need to click the phone number to place calls, removing the possibility of manually dialing the wrong number, a situation that can happen as frequently as 10 percent of the time in some cases.
Prepackaged integration between PeopleSoft and the Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions allows for fast, easy installation, committed future growth, and corresponding upgrades to Cisco Unified Contact Center and PeopleSoft.
Full telephony functions
Full telephony functions in the PeopleSoft agent desktop include desktop phone control, caller identification, and screen pops.
This robust, proven architecture has been successfully deployed at numerous large enterprises worldwide.
Expanded functions of PeopleSoft:
Contact centers can expand the functions of their PeopleSoft agent desktop to support full contact center capabilities.
Agents can effectively place, receive, and transfer interactions with full, real-time access to customer data in PeopleSoft, facilitating real-time management of customer interactions in a true multivendor environment. This feature allows you to take advantage of existing or new infrastructure investment.