The Cisco Collaboration vision is to promote the next generation of innovation and productivity. Cisco Customer Collaboration solutions combine traditional contact center technology with critical additions in social media, network-based multimedia capture and recording, new agent desktop paradigms, and focused video solutions to enable businesses and organizations to forge deeper relationships with their customers - strengthening loyalty and generating additional revenue. Cisco Customer Collaboration empowers companies to escape from the largely reactive mode of traditional call centers and instead embrace a much more proactive multichannel engagement model with their customers.
Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager Overview
How Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager Works
Features and Benefits
• Offer shared infrastructure with Cisco Unified Web Interaction Manager: The shared infrastructure includes common user and customer accounts, interaction records, and knowledgebase for easier management across applications.
• Help ensure consistent response and quality: Eliminate the need to cut and paste responses from additional software packages. Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager allows you to easily use answers from the centralized knowledgebase for frequent queries, which often account for a large percentage of all email messages handled. New agents can be productive and consistent using templates, while experienced agents can add value by handling complex queries escalated to them through the system. Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager also allows the monitoring of the quality of outbound email messages based on rules set by the supervisor. For example, a supervisor may set a rule to scan the response for certain keywords or phrases and route flagged responses to editors before sending them out to customers.
• Provide value-based, personalized service: You can implement effective email workflows and help your agents respond personally and accurately. While creating responses, agents can access the customer's complete case history. Furthermore, the Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager provides access to external databases and websites for added personalization. You can use the content retrieved in routing rules, automatically inserted as part of personalized responses, or simply made available to agents to provide better service. Common examples of such external data sources are customer-resource-management (CRM) systems, customer billing, and shipping databases.
• Analyze and manage service operations: Easy-to-use reports in Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager can help you improve operations and better understand customer needs. Many built-in reports, with "drill-down" options and export capabilities, allow contact center managers to track agent productivity, customer behavior, and department trends. For example, managers can track how many email messages are processed per day and per agent, as well as the number of email messages in different queues and categories. Customized reports can help your company gain a complete picture of customer input and agent output, thereby helping managers tune operations for optimum performance.
• Provide reliable, available, and scalable service: Benefiting extensively from a Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)-compliant architecture, Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager is designed to scale horizontally through distributed service configurations that can be run across multiple servers. Multiple email exchange protocols such as Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) and Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) are supported.
• Manage email customer service for multiple clients on a single installation: IT departments in large enterprises and outsourced service providers strive to cost-effectively manage email service infrastructure for multiple clients. At the same time there is the need to take full advantage of best practices across these clients while respecting privacy. To meet these requirements, Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager includes powerful features and capabilities to easily model and manage multiple departments. These capabilities allow you to share best practices across departments through common business objects such as users, knowledge, and customers, while maintaining local resource control and data privacy. The product also supports multilingual user interfaces on a single installation, further lowering cost of ownership for global companies.
• Universal queue: With Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise or Hosted and Cisco Unified E-Mail Interaction Manager, you can provide automated, blended delivery of email requests with voice calls (inbound and outbound) for increased efficiency. Agents can work on email when they are not on the telephone. Reporting statistics are provided for all interactions, allowing you to monitor and enhance contact center operations across channels.
• Data adaptors: The platform, which now supports 2008 and SQL 2008, provides ready-to-use data adaptors, including XML, HTML, Java, JDBC, and web services, to integrate with external systems.
• Virtualization capabilities: These capabilities are certified on the virtual machine and Cisco Unified Computing System™ platform.
Cisco Unified Communications Services and Support