Cisco SocialMiner™ is a social media customer care solution that enables your company to proactively respond to customers and prospects communicating through public social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook or other public forum or blogging sites. By providing social media monitoring, queuing, and workflow to organize customer posts on social media networks and deliver them to your customer care team, your company can respond to customers in real time through the same social network they are using to communicate.
This innovative customer service capability is enabled by Cisco SocialMiner, which searches multiple social networks to capture public customer postings and then organizes, filters, and prioritizes these postings and presents them to your customer care team for response. Your customer service representatives can respond to a customer service problem or reach out to new customers looking for information about your products or services.
Consider the dramatic growth of the social web. Using Twitter and Facebook and other social media, people worldwide are engaging in an increasing number of online conversations and interactions. Part of those conversations involves consumers talking about the companies with which they do business. Sometimes they say good things, and sometimes they complain. The question is: Are companies listening? And can enterprises respond to both the good and the not-so-good information coming from customers through social media?
Cisco SocialMiner enables all companies to incorporate the capability to listen to and respond to customer conversations originating on the social web. This proactive response can benefit your company in numerous ways: from delighting customers with responses to concerns or questions, to managing a complaint or product problem that could potentially damage your brand. In addition, the social media web is full of potential customers asking for advice about a product or service. With Cisco SocialMiner, your company can offer advice and product information to aid in decision making, create brand recognition, and possibly gain a new customer.
Cisco SocialMiner can help your company enhance customer service, improve customer loyalty, add new customers, and protect your brand.
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of Cisco SocialMiner 9.0.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco SocialMiner 9.0
Product Baseline Features
Social media feeds
• Feeds are configurable sources to capture public social contacts that contain specific words, terms, or phrases.
• Feeds enable you to collect various types of contacts about your company's products, services, or areas of expertise.
• Cisco SocialMiner supports the following types of feeds:
• Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
• Filters are configurable sources to modify and take action on social contacts, allowing customer care representatives to focus on the most actionable social contacts. Cisco SocialMiner supports three types of filters:
• Groups feeds into campaigns to organize all posting activity related to a product category or business objective
• Produces metrics about campaign activity
• Provides the capability to configure multiple campaigns to search for customer postings on specific products or services
• Groups social contacts for handling by the social media customer care team
• Enables filtering of social contacts based on preconfigured campaign filters to focus campaign searches
• Enables searches for specific words, terms, or phrases associated with all social contacts in Cisco SocialMiner
• Provides another layer of social contact filtering to meet specific business goals
• Enables searches for transcripts associated with completed chat sessions
Routing and queuing social contacts
• Enables routing of social contacts to skilled customer care representatives in the contact center
• Draws on expertise in the enterprise by allowing multiple people in the enterprise to work together to handle responses to customer postings through shared work queues
• Enables automated distribution of work to improve efficiency and effectiveness of social media engagement
• Allows work to be routed to the appropriate team by grouping each post or social contact into different categories; for example, a post can be marked with the "customer_support" tag, and this post will then appear in a customer support agent's queue for processing
Saving drafts for review
• Provides the capability to save responses to social contacts for review by a team member or supervisor
• Allows responses to be reviewed before positing to the social web to help control brand image and value
Social media customer care metrics
• Provides detailed metrics about social media customer care activities, campaign reports, and team reports
• Measures work and results
• Manages to meet service-level goals
• Supports brand management
• Optimizes staffing
• Includes dashboarding of social media posting activity when Cisco® Unified Intelligence Center is used
Reporting for social contacts
• Provides a reporting database that can be accessed using any reporting tool, including Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
• Enables customer care management to accurately report on and track social media interactions by the contact center
OpenSocial-compliant gadgets and representational state transfer (REST) APIs
• Provides flexible user interface options
• Provides extensive opportunities for customization
Optional integration with full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools
• Allows you to take advantage of the full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools, including Cisco Quad™, Cisco Show and Share®, and Cisco Pulse® technology, to help your social media customer care team quickly find answers to help customers efficiently and effectively
• Is easy to maintain by existing IT personnel
Any server platform
• Server must support virtualization (VMware ESXi 5.0)
• Possible server recommendation includes Cisco UCS® C-Series Rack Servers or B-Series Blade Servers
• Server consolidation means lower cost per server with Cisco UCS servers
One server supports up to 30 simultaneous social media customer care users and 10,000 social contacts per hour.
Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
Operational management is enhanced through integration with the Cisco Unified RTMT, providing consistent application monitoring across Cisco Unified Communications Solutions.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
SNMP with an associated MIB is supported through the Cisco Voice Operating System (VOS).
Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
Create customizable reports for social media customer care events using Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (purchased separately).
Platform Support, Compatibility, and Specifications
For hardware and operating system requirements, for compatibility with other Cisco and third-party products, and for additional product specifications, consult the hardware and system software specifications for Cisco SocialMiner at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/SocialMiner.
Cisco SocialMiner is licensed by server and by user. For more information about licensing, please contact your Cisco representative or Cisco authorized partner.
Cisco Services adapt to market changes while increasing productivity, improving competitive advantage, and delivering a rich-media experience across any workspace.
The combined strengths of Cisco and our partners provide a portfolio of services that can help you prepare your infrastructure for future changes aligning with long-term business goals. Together we create innovative, network-centric architecture solutions resulting in a scalable and responsive foundation that can help you achieve the full value of your IT and communication investments.
Cisco Advanced Technology Partners and Cisco Unified Communications Advanced Partners are authorized to sell and install Cisco SocialMiner. To find an authorized reseller, contact your local Cisco representative or visit the Partner Locator at http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do.
Cisco Developer Network
The Cisco Developer Network program offers a formalized means for developers to develop value-added applications and solutions for Cisco SocialMiner. The Cisco SocialMiner area of Cisco Developer Network is available at http://developer.cisco.com/web/socialminer.