Cisco® SocialMiner is a social media customer care solution that enables your company to proactively respond to customers and prospects communicating through public social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook or other public forum or blogging sites. By providing social media monitoring, queuing, and workflow to organize customer posts on social media networks and deliver them to your customer care team, your company can respond to customers in real time through the same social network they are using to communicate.
This innovative customer service capability is enabled by Cisco SocialMiner, which searches multiple social networks to capture public customer postings - and then organizes, filters, and prioritizes these postings and presents them to your customer care team for response. Your customer service representatives could respond to a customer service problem or reach out to new customers looking for information about your products or services.
Consider first the explosion of the social web. From Twitter to Facebook, people worldwide are engaging in an everincreasing number of online conversations and interactions. And part of that conversation is consumers talking about the companies that they do business with. Sometimes they say good things, and sometimes they complain. The question is: are companies listening? And can enterprises react to both the good and the not-so-good information coming from customers in social media?
Cisco SocialMiner enables all companies to incorporate the ability to listen to and respond to customer conversations originating in the social web. This proactive response can benefit your company in numerous ways, from delighting customers with responses to concerns or questions to managing a complaint or product problem that could potentially damage your brand. In addition, the social media web is full of potential customers asking for advice about a product or service. With Cisco SocialMiner your company can offer advice and product information to aid in decision making, create brand recognition, and possibly gain a new customer.
Cisco SocialMiner can help your company enhance customer service, improve customer loyalty, add new customers, and protect your brand.
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of Cisco SocialMiner 8.5.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco SocialMiner 8.5
Product Baseline Features
Social media feeds
• Feeds are configurable sources to capture public social contacts that contain specific words, terms, or phrases.
• Feeds enable you to collect various types of contacts about your company's products, services, or area of expertise.
• Cisco SocialMiner supports the following types of feeds:
• Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
• Filters are configurable sources to modify and take action on social contacts allowing customer care representatives to focus on the most actionable social contacts. Cisco SocialMiner supports three types of filters:
• Groups feeds into campaigns to organize all posting activity related to a product category or business objective
• Produces metrics on campaign activity
• Provides the ability to configure multiple campaigns to search for customer postings on specific products or services
• Groups social contacts for handling by the social media customer care team
• Enables filtering of social contacts based on preconfigured campaign filters to focus campaign searches
Route and queue social contacts
• Enables routing of social contacts to skilled customer care representatives in the contact center
• Draws on expertise in the enterprise by allowing multiple people in the enterprise to work together to handle responses to customer postings through shared work queues
• Enables automated distribution of work to improve efficiency and effectiveness of social media engagement
• Allows work to be routed to the appropriate team by grouping each post or social contact into different categories; for example, a post can be marked with the "customer_support" tag; this post will then appear on a customer support agent's queue for processing
Social media customer care metrics
• Provides detailed metrics on social media customer care activities, campaign reports, and team reports
• Measures work and results
• Manages to service-level goals
• Supports brand management
• Optimizes staffing
• Includes dashboarding of social media posting activity when Cisco Unified Intelligence Center is used
Reporting for social contacts
• Provides a reporting database that can be accessed using any reporting tool, including Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
• Enables customer care management to accurately report on and track social media interactions by the contact center
Representational State Transfer (REST) application programming interfaces (APIs)
• Provides flexible user interface options
• Enables extensive opportunities for customization
Optional integration with full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools
• Allows you to take advantage of the full suite of Cisco Collaboration tools, including Cisco Quad, Cisco Show and Share, and Cisco Pulse technology, to help your social media customer care team quickly find answers to help customers efficiently and effectively
• Easy to maintain with existing IT personnel
Cisco Unified Computing System™ (UCS) C-Series or B-Series Servers
• Requires a Cisco UCS C-Series or B-Series Server.
• Server consolidation means lower cost per server with Cisco UCS Servers.
• One server supports up to 30 simultaneous social media customer care users and 10,000 social contacts per hour.
Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
• Operational management is enhanced through integration with the Cisco Unified RTMT, providing consistent application monitoring across Cisco Unified Communications Solutions.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• SNMP with an associated MIB is supported through the Cisco Voice Operating System (VOS).
Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
• Create customizable reports of social media customer care events using Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (purchased separately).
Platform Support, Compatibility, and Specifications
For hardware and operating system requirements, for compatibility with other Cisco and third-party products, and for additional product specifications, consult the Hardware and System Software Specification for Cisco SocialMiner at: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/SocialMiner.
Cisco SocialMiner is licensed by server and by user. For more information regarding licensing please contact your Cisco representative or Cisco authorized partner.
Cisco Services adapt to market changes while increasing productivity, improving competitive advantage, and delivering a rich-media experience across any workspace.
The combined strengths of Cisco and our partners provide a portfolio of services that can help you prepare your infrastructure for future changes aligning to long-term business goals.
Together we create innovative, network-centric architecture solutions resulting in a scalable and responsive foundation that can help you realize the full value of your IT and communication investment.
Cisco Advanced Technology Partners and Cisco Unified Communications Advanced Partners are authorized to sell and install Cisco SocialMiner. To find an authorized reseller, contact your local Cisco representative or visit the Partner Locator at: http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do.
Cisco Developer Network
The Cisco Developer Network program offers a formalized means for developers to develop value-added applications and solutions for Cisco SocialMiner. The Cisco SocialMiner area on Cisco Developer Network is available at: http://developer.cisco.com/web/socialminer.