• Industrial design and compliance
• Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
• Market leading resiliency and availability features
• Network performance for the most demanding applications
• Network security based on open standards
• Integration of IT and industrial networks
• Design for Industrial Ethernet applications, including extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings; a complete set of power input options; and fanless convection cooling
• Compliance to a wide range of industrial applications covering automation, intelligent transportation, railways, and mass transit markets
• Compact 1-RU (rack unit), 19" rack mounting or wall mounting, both front and rear LED panels to allow reverse mounting
• Support for fiber aggregation (16 SFP ports) and PoE (8 ports) configurations
• Transparent IT integration with the support of Layer 3 functionality in IP Services software
• Tools and features such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) persistence for easy deployment, management, and device replacement
• Removable SD flash memory (Swap Drive feature), allowing the user to quickly replace a switch in the field
• High availability, deterministic quality of service (QoS) behavior, and reliable security using Cisco IOS® Software
• Recommended software configurations for industrial applications preconfigured using Smartport macros
• Improved resiliency with the support of Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) for ring topology and Flex Link, Link State Tracking, and EtherChannel for other topologies
• High security using support of port-security, encrypted access (Secure Shell [SSH] Protocol, HTTPS, Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 [SNMPv3]), and other network protection features.
• Cisco Prime LMS, it provides an extensive library of easy-to-use feature to automate the day-to-day management of your Cisco network infrastructure.
• Cisco IE-3010-24TC: Rugged Industrial Ethernet switch with 24 10/100BASETX ports and 2 dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks. The dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks consist of two 10/100/1000BASETX ports and two 100/1000 SFP ports on board. The user can select two fiber ports, two copper ports, or a combination of fiber and copper ports.
• Cisco IE-3010-16S-8PC: Rugged Industrial Ethernet switch with 16 Fast Ethernet SFP ports, 8 10/100BASETX/PoE ports, and 2 dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks.
• SIELBK9T-15002SE: Layer 2 LAN Base image
• SIEISK9T-15002SE: Upgradable Layer 3 IP Services image
• PWR-RGD-LOW-DC/IA: Low DC (24/48V) power supply module for the IE-3010 switch.
• PWR-RGD-AC-DC/IA: High AC/DC (88-300VDC/85-264VAC) power supply module for the IE-3010 switch.
Figure 1. Cisco IE 3010 Series Switches (Front and Back Views)
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series Switches is supported in Cisco IOS Software. The minimum software versions are as follows:
• Layer 2 support (LAN Base image): Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(53)EZ
• Layer 3 support (IP Services image): Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(2)SE or later
Industrial Ethernet Applications and Benefits
• Intelligent transportation systems (ITSs): The Cisco IE 3010 supports ITS and other applications for outdoor video and traffic or transportation systems control. The switch supports compliance to NEMA TS-2, a variety of gigabit fiber uplinks, and AC and DC power input options, while Cisco IOS Software supports critical ITS features, including virtual LAN (VLAN), QoS, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping, and security access control lists (ACLs).
• Industrial automation: The Cisco IE 3010 is designed to support a wide array of Industrial Ethernet protocols for automation. The Cisco IE 3010 features an industrial compliance design with extended environmental ratings, convection cooling, rack mounting, redundant AC, DC or a combination of both power input, alarm relays, and surge/noise immunity. The Cisco IE 3010 software and configuration tools allow for easy setup, optimized for Industrial Ethernet applications, multicast control, traffic prioritization, and security features, specified in default templates recommended for these protocols.
• Other applications: The Cisco IE 3010 can be deployed in railway, mass transit, military, Metro Ethernet, and other applications requiring rugged design, form factor, and unique power inputs in harsh environments.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco IE 3010 Series
Designed for industrial applications
• Extended temperature, vibration and shock, surge and noise immunity ratings comply to specifications for automation, ITS, and most industrial environments.
• 19" rack mount with wall mount options allow for deployments in a variety of control systems.
• Variety of power input options covers a wide range of power requirements for Industrial Ethernet applications.
• Fixed configuration of downlink ports with choices of copper or fiber, and power over Ethernet (PoE), deliver ease of use and flexibility in deployment.
• Support for SFP modules provides uplink connectivity supporting 100BASE-LX, 100BASE-FX, 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, and 1000BASE-ZX options.
• Alarm relay contacts with four inputs and one Form-C output to meet various alarm needs.
Ease of deployment, management, and replacement
• Cisco Express Setup simplifies initial configuration with a web browser, eliminating the need for more complex terminal emulation programs.
• Cisco Smartports templates provide the option to apply a default global or interface-level macro with a recommended configuration, allowing the user to easily set up the switch in a configuration optimized for the specific application.
• Swappable SD Flash memory is ideal for quick and easy switch replacement. Memory can be moved from one switch to another, so a switch can be replaced without the need to reconfigure software features.
• SNMP (v1/v2/v3) support allows for management using common network management tools.
• DHCP port-based allocation retains the IP address on a per port basis and simplifies the end-host replacement in an industrial setting.
• HTTPS access offers secure session to the switch.
• Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 supported. please refer to the URL: <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/device_support/table/lms42sdt.html#Cisco%20Catalyst%204000%20Series%20Supervisor%20Module>
• Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) supported. Please refer to the URL: <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/prod_release_notes_list.html>
Availability and scalability
• Virtual LANs (VLANs) allow for logical segmentation for a network for optimal use of bandwidth.
• 802.1q trunking
• QoS classifies and prioritizes data, guaranteeing determinism for mission-critical data.
• IGMP snooping or filtering provides multicast authentication by filtering out nonsubscribers and limits the number of concurrent multicast streams per port. IGMPv2 and v3 support provides fast client joins and leaves of multicast streams. An additional querier function allows this operation in a Layer 2 only environment.
• Per-port broadcast, multicast, and unicast storm control prevents faulty end stations from degrading overall systems performance.
• IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802,1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol support for redundant backbone connections and loop-free networks simplifies network configuration and achieves high resilience.
• EtherChannel LACP support for quick recovery and load-balancing across multiple links.
• FlexLinks and Link State Tracking for fast recovery and easy configuration and troubleshooting.
• Resilient Ethernet Protocol with a very fast convergence within 50ms.
• IEEE 802.1x with VLAN assignment, guest VLAN, and voice VLAN allows dynamic port-based security, and application-aware user authentication.
• Port-based ACLs for Layer 2 interfaces allow application of security policies on individual switch ports.
• MAC address filtering prevents the forwarding of any type of packet with a matching MAC address.
• SSH Protocol v2 and SNMPv3 provide network security by encrypting administrator traffic during Telnet and SNMP sessions.
• TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication enable centralized security control of the switch and restrict unauthorized users from altering the configuration.
• MAC address notification allows administrators to be notified of users added to or removed from the network.
• DHCP snooping allows administrators to make sure of consistent mapping of IP to MAC addresses. This prevents malicious uses of DHCP by spoofing a DHCP server or poisoning the DHCP binding database. This feature is often used with other security features to build a complete security solution.
• DHCP Interface Tracker (Option 82) augments a host IP address request with the switch port ID.
• Port security secures the access to an access or trunk port based on MAC address.
• After a specific time frame, the aging feature removes the MAC address from the switch to allow another device to connect to the same port.
• Trusted Boundary provides the ability to trust the QoS priority settings if an IP phone is present and to disable the trust setting if the IP phone is removed, thereby preventing a malicious user from overriding prioritization policies in the network.
• Dynamic ARP Inspection helps make sure of user integrity by preventing malicious users from exploiting the insecure nature of the ARP protocol.
• IP source guard prevents a malicious user from spoofing or taking over another user's IP address by creating a binding table between client's IP and MAC address, port, and VLAN.
High performance IP routing
• Inter-VLAN IP routing for full Layer 3 routing between 2 or more VLANs.
• Basic IP unicast routing protocols (static, Routing Information Protocol Version 1 [RIPv1], RIPv2 and RIPng).
• Advanced IP unicast routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First [OSPF], Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [IGRP], Enhanced IGRP [EIGRP], Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 [BGPv4] and Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System [IS-IS] are supported for load balancing and constructing scalable LANs.
• Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) for IP multicast routing is supported, including PIM sparse mode (PIM-SM), PIM dense mode (PIM-DM), and PIM sparse-dense mode.
• Cisco Express Forwarding hardware routing architecture delivers extremely high-performance IP routing.
• IPv6 routing (OSPFv6 and EIGRPv6) support in hardware for maximum performance.
• Policy-based routing (PBR) allows superior control by facilitating flow redirection regardless of the routing protocol configured.
• HSRP provides dynamic load balancing and failover for routed links.
• Support for 1000 multicast groups.
Table 2. Cisco IE 3010 Series Switch Hardware
Table 3. Power Specifications for Cisco IE3010 Series Switch
Table 4. Management and Standards Support for Cisco IE 3010 Series Switch
Table 5. Compliance Specifications
Service and Support
Table 6. Cisco Services and Support Programs
Table 7. Ordering Information for Cisco IE 3010 Series
• United States and Canada: 800 553-6387
• Europe: 32 2 778 4242
• Australia: 612 9935 4107
• Other: 408 526-7209
• URL: www.cisco.com