Cisco Systems® is pleased to introduce the new Cisco® Catalyst® 3750-24FS switch, the newest member of the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series of switches.
The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series switches are an innovative product line that improves LAN operating efficiency by combining industry-leading ease of use and the highest resiliency available for stackable switches. This product series represents the next generation in desktop switches, and features Cisco StackWise™ technology, a 32-Gbps stack interconnect that allows customers to build a unified, highly resilient switching system---one switch at a time.
The following new configuration has been added to the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series:
• Cisco Catalyst 3750-24FS---24 100BASE-FX Ethernet ports and two Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks
The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series is available with the standard IP Base Image, upgradeable to the IP Services Image. The IP Base feature set includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and basic static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) functions. The IP Services Image provides a richer set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IP unicast and IP Multicast routing. Support for IPv6 Layer 3 switching in hardware is also available with the addition of the Advanced IP Services license to either the IP Base or the IP Services images.
Table 1 gives ordering information for the new Cisco Catalyst 3750-24FS Switch.
Table 1. Ordering Information
• 24 100BASE-FX Ethernet ports and 2 SFP uplinks
• 32-Gbps, high-speed stacking bus
• Innovative stacking technology
• 1 rack unit (RU) stackable, multilayer switch
• Enterprise-class intelligent services delivered to the network edge
• IP Base Image installed
• Basic RIP and static routing, upgradable to full dynamic IP routing
• Optional IPv6 Layer 3 switching in hardware
The new Cisco Catalyst 3750-24FS switches with 100BASE-FX Ethernet support will be available in May 2005.