Cisco® Small Business Solutions enable small companies to connect employees, customers, and suppliers - easily, reliably, and affordably. Drawing on a broad portfolio of Cisco products, local partners build and maintain individually tailored solutions that help small businesses around the world work better.
Protection of your network is a mission-critical activity. Cisco Small Business Solutions have advanced firewall, encryption, and authentication features to help keep your wired and wireless networks safe. These features help protect your business from network threats that can seriously disrupt or damage your business by stealing your valuable data, slowing down your network, and interfering with business-critical applications. Cisco solutions also help ensure maximum application availability, so that you can meet corporate governance and business continuance requirements.
The Cisco RVL200 4-Port SSL/IPsec VPN Router (Figure 1) features a VPN security engine that creates encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) tunnels through the Internet. These SSL VPN tunnels enable remote users working at home or on the road to easily and securely connect to the office network through a typical wired or wireless broadband connection. When used with the Cisco RV016 or other Cisco VPN router, an IP Security (IPsec) gateway-to-gateway connection can be established, allowing users in a remote office to connect to the corporate network.
As an essential element of your business, the Cisco RVL200 provides security functions for authentication and encryption. The integrated stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall helps protect the network from outside threats. Quality of service (QoS) features provide consistent voice and video quality throughout the network. The Cisco RVL200 also features a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Ethernet switch to connect four PCs directly, or to connect additional switches.
• Supports five SSL tunnels for remote user connectivity and one IPsec gateway-to-gateway tunnel
• SPI firewall for maximum security
• 4-port 10/100 switch supports automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) and up to 200 Mbps of throughput per port
• IP filtering allows for restricted access to the Internet and other network resources
• Management via web, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and setup wizards make setup easy for administrators
• Limited lifetime warranty
Table 1 contains the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco RVL200 4-Port SSL/IPsec VPN Router.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco RVL200 4-Port SSL/IPsec VPN Router
• Static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) versions 1 and 2
W x H x D
6.69 x 1.67 x 6.69 in.
(170 x 42.5 x 170 mm)
0.86 lb (0.39 kg)
FCC Class B, CE, ICES-003
32ºF to 104ºF (0ºC to 40ºC)
-4ºF to 158ºF (-20ºC to 70ºC)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
• Cisco RVL200 4-Port SSL/IPsec VPN Router
• User guide on CD-ROM
• Network cable
• Power adapter
• Registration card
• Quick install guide
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or later or Netscape Communicator 8.0 or later for using the SSL VPN
• Network adapter with Ethernet network cable and TCP/IP installed per PC
• Web-based configuration via Java/SSL-enabled web browser
Limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and/or power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes, as available, for the warranty term. To download software updates, go to: www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.