Cisco TelePresence® Commercial Express (Commercial Express), part of the Cisco TelePresence Family of products, is a single server with the power of three Cisco TelePresence infrastructure applications. This integrated multipoint switching, recording, and management solution can help small and midsize organizations simplify deployments, realize cost savings, and increase productivity. It offers the rich capabilities of Cisco TelePresence infrastructure solutions integrated into a one-appliance solution.
Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express is an infrastructure solution component targeted for small and midsize Cisco TelePresence deployments. Infrastructure features such as scheduling, multipoint meeting support, interoperability, encryption, in-studio recording, reporting, and management are available in a single form factor to enable faster deployment of a Cisco TelePresence solution.
Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express provides nearly all of the features found on the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch (Multipoint Switch), Cisco TelePresence Recording Server (Recording Server), and the Cisco TelePresence Manager using a virtualization layer. Certain enterprise-level features are not available on the Commercial Express, and the application has a few capacity limits to ensure that it meets performance expectations.
Features and Benefits
Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express offers the following key features and benefits:
• Unified appliance for infrastructure applications: A single appliance contains all three infrastructure solutions, allowing you to deploy a single solution for meeting all your infrastructure needs in small and midsize deployments.
• Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch (Multipoint Switch): The core functions of the Multipoint Switch are preserved in Commercial Express, enabling up to 15 segments on a single call. For more information about the Multipoint Switch, refer to the data sheet at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7315/index.html.
• Cisco TelePresence Recording Server (Recording Server): Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express retains the core functions of the Recording Server, with limitations on the number of recording, playback sessions, and hours of recording stored. Refer to the Cisco TelePresence Recording Server data sheet at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10341/index.html for core functions.
• Cisco TelePresence Manager: Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express preserves the core features of the Cisco TelePresence Manager with limitations on the number of rooms that can be managed and the amount of data stored for reporting. More information about the Cisco TelePresence Manager is available at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7074/index.html.
• License management: Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express uses the Cisco TelePresence Manager to enforce license limitations for capacity and features, described in Table 2. When the hardware is detected, the Multipoint Switch, Recording Server, and Cisco TelePresence Manager automatically restrict functions to those permitted under the license.
Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express is installed on a single appliance (a Cisco® Media Convergence Server [MCS] appliance) configured with VMware ESX. A single-server-based licensing system simplifies the license administration process, and Cisco TelePresence Manager decodes and deciphers license capabilities, which are communicated to the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch and the Cisco TelePresence Recording Server during initial registration (Figure 1).
One Cisco media convergence server is required per Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express
MCS-7835-I3 for Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express with 8GB RAM (Choose First)
Choose Power Cord Type
AC Power Cord (North America), C13, NEMA 5-15P, 2.1m
AC Power Cord (China/Australia), C13, AS 3112, 2.5m
AC Power Cord (Europe), C13, CEE 7, 1.5M
AC Power Cord (Italy), C13, CEI 23-16, 2.5m
AC Power Cord (Argentina), C13, EL 219 (IRAM 2073), 2.5m
AC Power Cord (Switzerland), C13, IEC 60884-1, 2.5m
AC Power Cord (UK), C13, BS 1363, 2.5m
AC Power Cord (Japan), C13, JIS C 8303, 2.5m
Then Choose TelePresence Commercial Express Version
Choose Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express Software version 1.7
Cisco TelePresence Manager Options
Cisco TelePresence Manager Metrics Dashboard/Reporting API
TelePresence Manager Scheduling API Integration Feature
MCS 7835-I3 additional Memory required if updating from 1.7, 4GB to 8GB.
Spare 2GB DIMM for MCS-7835-I3
Service and Support
Critical to delivering the innovative Cisco TelePresence experience in your organization are integrated lifecycle services. Designed specifically for multisite organizations, these services deliver the Cisco TelePresence experience and accelerate the successful deployment of a high-quality, reliable "in-person" meeting experience. Initial prepare, plan, and design services prepare your network and organization to deliver the expected consistent quality level of the Cisco TelePresence collaboration system. Operate services provide peace of mind for your IT staff and reduce risk of downtime by providing critical day-2 maintenance support, remote monitoring and management, and remote-assistance service. These services use the proven Cisco Lifecycle Services approach to deliver on a Cisco TelePresence experience certified solution. For more information, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/services.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco TelePresence Commercial Express, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/telepresence or contact your local Cisco account representative or authorized Cisco Authorized Technology Provider (ATP) partner.