With data center devices denser than ever - often served by two, three, or even four power supplies - a single rack of equipment can produce dozens of power cords to manage. The demands of even one rack can easily exceed the available supply of wall outlets. Even if power drops are run from a nearby rack power module - a common scenario - the cabling into each rack can quickly become unwieldy to manage and difficult to trace and troubleshoot.
When you need a flexible, reliable, easy-to-deploy power distribution with branch circuit protection, Cisco® RP Series Power Distribution Units (PDU) are the ideal choice. In addition, Cisco now offers a complete line of computing, rack, and power products optimized and certified for Cisco Unified Computing System™ blade and rack servers.
Features and Benefits
Table 1 summarizes the features and benefits of the Cisco RP Series PDUs.
Table 1. Features and Benefits
Provides a better way to distribute power
• Cisco RP Series PDU models cost effectively and efficiently distribute power to up to 24 outlets.
• The ready-to-use architecture organizes power distribution, simplifies cable management, and enables you to move, add, and change rack equipment without an electrician.
Streamlines cabling from the rack
• With a Cisco RP Series PDU in the rack, you can replace up to two dozen input power cords with just one.
• The fixed input cord connects to the power source from overhead or under-floor distribution. Your IT equipment is then powered by PDU outlets in the rack using short, easy-to-manage power cords.
• With far fewer cables between the power source and the rack, these PDUs alleviate clutter, improve airflow, and simplify power distribution.
Enables easy deployment of PDUs
• Lightweight Cisco RP Series PDU models are easy to install and display.
• Zero-rack-unit (0RU) and 1RU designs preserve valuable rack space for IT equipment.
Protects against overload conditions
• Cisco RP Series PDU models provide two 20-ampere (A) circuit breakers for groups of receptacles. The effects of a tripped circuit are limited to a receptacle group. Simply press a button to reset that circuit.
Certified to operate with Cisco equipment
• Designed, tested, and approved for use with Cisco solutions, budget-friendly Cisco PDUs can extend the value of your existing power systems while improving system reliability and availability.
Table 2 summarizes the specifications for the Cisco RP Series PDUs.
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco Lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.