Cisco® R Series Racks are an ideal solution for mission-critical environments that require the highest levels of reliability, structural integrity, and security. The series' modern design delivers exceptional power, cooling, and cable management features as well as the strength and stability required in today's rack enclosures, offering peace of mind for the most important infrastructure elements. The Cisco R Series Racks are certified for use with the Cisco Unified Computing System™ and selected Nexus products, allowing Cisco to offer a complete infrastructure solution, including computing, networking, rack, power, and services (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Cisco R42610 Rack
Features and Benefits
Table 1. Features and Benefits
Tested with Cisco UCS
• Industry standard, EIA-310-D racks have been optimized for Cisco UCS
• Cisco R42610 Standard & Expansion models are ideal for single-rack and multiple-rack UCS installations at customer sites
• Cisco R42610 Dynamic model is only rack certified for shipping pre-integrated & pre-racked UCS
Front & rear doors
• 80% perforation on front and rear doors maximizes air flow
• Locks included for added security
• Toolless door removal for convenient servicing
• Split rear doors minimize clearance required at rear of rack
• Adjustable front door can swing from right to left or left to right
Split side panels
• Lightweight, 2-piece side panels are easy to install and remove
• Locks provide extra security
• Ventilated top panel with optional cutouts for large cables
• Sidewall spaces and PDU trays allow quick installation of 0RU and 1RU PDUs
• Integrated PDU trays enable toolless mounting for optional 0RU Cisco RP Series PDUs
• Front and side stabilizer brackets included with rack
• Joining kit option connects adjacent Expansion racks within a row
• Casters permit greater mobility
• Removable rear cable access bar speeds cable routing
• RU markings on rack rails simplify equipment installation
• UL 60950.1 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03 compliant, RoHS compliant
Platform Support and Compatibility
A list of Cisco products that have been tested with Cisco R Series Racks is maintained on an internal Cisco website. Please contact your Cisco representative to access the latest information.
Table 2 lists the specifications for Cisco R Series Racks.
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco Lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.