The ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panel series introduces a-thermal arrayed waveguide grating (AWG) technology, which enables passive dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) systems to have the same optical performance as active-temperature-controlled AWGs. This technology breakthrough enables enterprises and service providers to deploy 80 channels of DWDM capacity by leveraging a reduced footprint while consuming zero electricity.
Figure 1. ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panel
The ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panels are standalone units that contain both a 40 channel optical multiplexer and a 40 channel optical de-multiplexer that are precabled in the units' housing for easy plug-and-play. The ONS 15216 Mux/Demux Patch Panel 50 GHz Interleaver De-Interleaver easily plugs into the ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panel for in-service capacity upgrade from 40 channels up to 80 channels in a 4RU footprint. Figures 2 through 5 illustrate the different application configurations in which the ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panel can be deployed.
Features and Benefits
The ONS 15216 Mux/Demux 40 Channel Patch Panels and ONS 15216 Mux/Demux Patch Panel 50 GHz Interleaver De-Interleaver provide the following customer benefits:
• Cost-effective for DWDM applications
• Best-in-class operational efficiency, with zero electrical power requirements
• Connector panel slides forward and locks into place for easy access and maintenance
• Patch panel front door securely locks to prevent accidental tampering with the fiber connections
• Integrated cable routing guides guarantee fiber bend radius to maintain the optimal optical performance and prevent fibers from being pinched
• Low optical insertion loss for improved distance and performance
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together.
Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world that demands better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities.
The unique Cisco Lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle to help ensure service excellence. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.