Accelerate delivery of your Cisco® Prime Service Catalog solution with expert analysis, design, and deployment support.
When requesting IT services, employees are often frustrated when they have to navigate dozens of different web forms, disparate legacy systems, and manual systems. This frustration is greater today because employee expectations are increasingly shaped by their experiences as consumers. As a result, enterprise users demand an intuitive self-service experience for obtaining all types of IT services - from the desktop to the data center.
Users want the ability to request these services with the personalization, flexibility, and self-service they have come to expect as consumers. IT organizations want to be able to standardize, consolidate, and simplify delivery of a wide array of services. The Cisco Prime Service Catalog is a unified self-service portal for ordering any type of IT service. The Plan and Build Service helps you expedite and optimize your catalog deployment, so that your organization can gain the efficiency benefits as quickly as possible.
With Cisco Prime Service Catalog, your IT organization can publish a standardized set of IT services through an online service catalog. The Cisco Prime Service Catalog allows IT organizations to:
• Encourage adoption of standardized options using a menu of choices in an online self-service catalog
• Offer comprehensive services that can cover everything from ordering mobile devices to virtual desktops - to an entire application-development environment in a private cloud
• Provide an intuitive, modern user experience
• Allow IT staff and users to track and manage the lifecycle of each service, from initial request to decommissioning
• Accelerate the delivery of new applications and services for greater workforce productivity
• Track consumption of services to support showback or chargeback, if desired
• Improve visibility into demand to help ensure more accurate capacity planning
Time-to-market pressures can make it difficult for resource-constrained IT departments to design and implement an IT service portal and catalog for managing service requests. The Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Service provides expertise, tools, and best practices that help make sure of a successful deployment. It also provides training to allow your staff to confidently add and manage new service offerings as you expand your workplace portal solution.
Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Service provides comprehensive project management, analysis, design, training, and implementation assistance. Cisco experts bring deep expertise in business consulting, system configuration, integration, customization, and ongoing process optimization, as they work with your staff to help make your deployment a success.
Based on your organization's IT objectives, we first work with your staff to understand your organization's requirements for IT service management. Cisco experts then develop a strategy and detailed design, including the procedures, configurations, and testing required to deploy and commission your service catalog. Through an iterative process of service content design and prototyping, we install, configure, and test your Cisco Prime Service Catalog solution to help make sure of deployment readiness in your production environment and avoid costly delays.
The Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Service engagement (refer to Table 1) guides your team through the development and deployment of your service catalog, using the following elements:
• A best-practice approach that identifies priority IT service content that meets your requirements for cost savings, reductions in cycle time, and improved governance
• Prebuilt service content, based on industry best practices, that accelerates the delivery of standardized self-service content
• Resource models with built-in lifecycle management and integration
• A mature and proven methodology that helps support the success of your deployment
Table 1. Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Phases and Deliverables
• Conduct a discovery workshop
• Analyze business and operational objectives and requirements
• Define workplace portal deployment model and scope
• Develop project plan
• Deliver functional and technical training
• Develop the Cisco Prime Service Catalog architecture
• Develop detailed design and policies for the Cisco Prime Service Catalog
• Install the Cisco Prime Service Catalog foundation in a development environment
• Develop the service content design and prototype
• Design technical components
• Launch design
• Install and configure Cisco Prime Service Catalog
• Design and configure Cisco Prime Service Catalog content
• Implement standard and custom systems integration, which might include:
• Active Directory
• IP address management
• Billing system
• Help desk system
• Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
• Single sign-on (SSO)
• Runbook automation system
• Orchestration capabilities and workflows
• Virtualization management system (e.g., VMware)
• Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®)
• Implement workflow processes supporting the standard and custom system integrations. For data center services this can include:
• Onboarding a new customer
• Virtual machine management
• IP address management
• Billing record write and verification
• Logging a help desk support issue
• Design and implement service form prefills, validation, and custom business rules
• Design and implement user profile- and organization-mapping attributes
• Support testing activities such as test preparation and installation
• Support production-readiness activities such as production environment installation, training, and documentation
• Support customer launch into production
The Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build service helps you:
• Accelerate delivery and deployment of your Cisco Prime Service Catalog software
• Reduce deployment costs and risks by using Cisco best practices and proven methodology
• Gain self-sufficiency in maintaining your Cisco Prime Service Catalog
• Achieve a lower total cost of ownership with leading operational practices
• Greatly improve end-user satisfaction with IT services and service delivery
• Standardize IT service offerings for workplace and data center services, improve process efficiency, and reduce the costs of service delivery
• Promote broad user adoption, using Cisco best practices for your portal and service content
Why Cisco Services
Realize the full business value of your technology investments more quickly with intelligent, personalized services from Cisco and our partners. Backed by deep technology expertise and a broad ecosystem of partners, we help you to plan, build, and run your IT infrastructure successfully as a powerful business platform. Whether you want to quickly seize new opportunities to meet rising customer expectations, improve operational efficiency to lower costs, mitigate risk, or accelerate growth, we have a service that can help you.
The Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Service is widely accessible. Contact your local Cisco representative for availability in your area.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Prime Service Catalog Plan and Build Service, as well as other data center management and automation products and services, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/service-catalog.