Enterprise-Class Wireless LAN Technology
To handle new bandwidth requirements, networks will be designed and built with the performance to handle interactive multimedia for many simultaneous users. The Cisco® Unified Wireless Network provides the highest performance and most scalable platform for business communications today and in the future.
Greater Speed, Throughput, and Interference Detection
The 802.11n standard provides the bandwidth and reliability to support interactive multimedia applications. Cisco also has true enterprise-class RF technology designed to maximize 802.11n standard performance and deliver many other benefits.
- In competitive tests, Cisco access points delivered Wi-Fi up to 169 percent faster in the 2.4-GHz spectrum and 64 percent in the 5-GHz spectrum.
- ClientLink increased average throughput by 65 percent and average channel capacity by 27 percent for 802.11a and 802.11g clients, according to Miercom.
- CleanAir technology yielded 100 percent accuracy in identifying interference sources, compared with 25 percent accuracy from the nearest competitor, Miercom testing shows.
Lower Cost of Ownership
CleanAir technology simplifies operation and troubleshooting to significantly reduce your total cost of ownership. Based on estimates in a Farpoint study, CleanAir technology lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) by 58 percent over a handheld wireless analyzer.
Competitive Test Results
- Miercom: Cisco CleanAir Competitive Testing (PDF - 540 KB)
- Enterprise Wireless Competitive Performance Test Results (PDF - 1 MB)