Cisco IOx & Covacsis Design Guide
This guide explains how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco IOx & Covacsis Validate Solution guide. This chapter contains the following sections:
Cisco Covacsis Solution Design Guide (1.44 MB)
Cisco IOx is an end-to-end application enablement platform that provides application hosting capabilities for different application types in a consistent and uniform manner across various Cisco network platforms. The IOx platform allows you to manage the whole life cycle of applications including development, distribution, deployment, hosting, monitoring, and management.
Cisco IOx comes with the following features:
- A common software infrastructure to host applications in network devices such that they are independent of heterogeneous hosting hardware.
- User friendly interface that makes it easy for developers and administrators to build and deploy IOx applications.
- Provides a set of services that accelerate the development of IOx applications.
- Provides complete life cycle management capabilities for applications hosted on network devices.
- The Covacsis Intelligent Plant FrameworkTM (IPF) provides a unique platform that let you have a complete 360o visibility of the manufacturing floor in real time. It is a one of a kind product which provides vivid diagnostics input to production department to improve upon. It helps to redefine the sustainable economics of the shop floor, by collaborating across different departments of the organization in real time. With Covacsis IPF you will always be connected with your manufacturing floor, from any part of the world.
- Covacsis Solution provides with the following Benefits:
Real Time Floor Economics:
Covacsis’ IPF provides indepth understand of the financial impact of the manufacturing operations undertaken at the most granular level.
Improve Control and Communication:
Real-time visibility of the manufacturing floor through Covacsis’ IPF ensures improved control over production.
Move from ‘Reactive’ to ‘Predictive’ Decision Making:
Big Data Analytics identifies non-linear relationships and renders actionable insights and reports.
Monitor your plant from ‘anywhere’:
Ubiquitous visibility and last mile connectivity gives an in-depth visibility of the shop floor in real time
Ensure Sustainable Improvement:
Instill a culture of improvement using data science within the organization
Covacsis powered by Cisco Network provides the benefits of
- Network processes Sensor data, aggregated and transported over Cisco’s Intelligent WAN
- Drive Business Growth with real time Analytics
- Reduced WAN Bandwidth Utilization
- Data protection against loss of connectivity to Data Centre and Cloud services
- Monitor your business from- “anywhere”
- The table below outlines the minimum system requirements for Covacsis IPF implementation at a typical manufacturing plant having up to 10 machines with 50 parameters each. For larger number of machines, an appropriate sizing exercise needs to be conducted.
|Cisco 819 Hardened Router.
|IPF Blog Server||
|Data Consolidation Server||
|Serial Cables PID: CAB-449MT=||
Software Version Details & Supported Protocols
|Covacsis Software Details||
For More Information
Read more on how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot at Cisco Covacsis Solution Design Guide (1.44 MB)