This document describes the steps to enable PBX IP Media Gateway (PIMG) in order to log to the SysLog server.
Currently, a PIMG has a short log buffer, so older events are quickly overwritten.
In order to maintain logs for longer periods (especially for troubleshooting), use these steps.
- Log in to the PIMG Admin interface.
- Go to Configuration > Mgmt Protocols.
- Navigate to the section SysLog.
- Populate these fields:
Submit the changes.Your PIMG must be restarted. In order to do this, go to System > Restart > Restart Unit Now.
- In the 'SysLog Server IP Address', enter the IP address of your SysLog server.
- Set 'Alarms to Syslog Enabled' to Yes.
- Set 'SysLog Minimum Alarm Severity' to Info.
- Set 'Diagnostics Trace to SysLog Enabled' to Yes.