Document ID: 117619
Updated: Apr 11, 2014
Contributed by Scott Hills, Cisco TAC Engineer.
This document describes how to diagnose a problem with the indicator light on Cisco Unity Connection Media Convergence Server (MCS) 7835 I series.
On MCS 7835 I series, a yellow indicator light is turned on as shown in this image:
You can see an indicator light turned on when you pull out the panel. In this case, the light is turned on because the system event log is full.
As mentioned earlier, an indicator light is turned on because the system event logs are full. Complete these steps in order to clear the system event logs:
- During the boot process, press F1 when this screen appears to enter BIOS:
- Once you press F1, choose System Event Logs:
- Choose the Clear System Event Log option in order to clear the system event log from this screen:
- Press Enter when it prompts you to confirm the delete request:
- Press Esc in order to go back to the main BIOS screen.
- Press Esc again to exit the BIOS. The system continues its boot process.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.