Meet Growing Consumer Demand
Today’s consumers have become accustomed to new high-definition channels, streaming video, and a proliferation of connected devices throughout the home. As a result, your customers demand more capacity and performance than ever before from your hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) access network. And that demand is only growing.
At the same time, you face competition from all sides. Traditional wireline service providers are telling consumers that their fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) networks can feed their video, voice, and broadband needs better than you can. And new entrants like Google are moving into your market.
To give your customers the experiences they want and expect, you need more from your HFC access network.
Boost Capacity and Efficiency
Cisco HFC access solutions give you the capacity, performance, and manageability you need to meet sky-high customer expectations and capitalize on the connected home. Cisco offers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of nodes, amplifiers, taps, and optoelectronics solutions. We can help you:
- Lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your HFC access infrastructure
- Serve more customers and deliver more capacity with your existing HFC network
- Improve the overall performance of your HFC access network, from headend to hub
- Accelerate your evolution to next-generation DOCSIS 3.1 architectures and services
- Build for the future
Over the next decade, DOCSIS 3.1 and the next-generation Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP) architectures will transform cable access networks. You will be able to consolidate equipment, manage bandwidth more effectively, and significantly increase capacity to deliver exceptional consumer experiences.
Is your HFC access network ready?
The Cisco HFC access portfolio and product roadmap provides everything you need to prepare for new developments in cable access. For example, the Cisco GS7000 Node provides a platform to
- Push fiber deeper in the network
- Extend FTTx architectures, or
- Deploy the PHY layer closer to the edge
Such a layer will be essential to capitalize on DOCSIS 3.1 capacity and efficiency.
By choosing Cisco for your HFC access network today, you can:
- Evolve to new DOCSIS and Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP) architectures more easily, and at a lower cost
- Capitalize on DOCSIS 3.1 and CCAP advantages faster
- Protect your HFC investments as you add new capabilities