Transforming the Transit Experience
Cisco Connected Mass Transit capitalizes on the power of digital solutions by connecting people, processes, data, and things to create a converged network infrastructure that is transforming transit systems worldwide.
What if you could securely and reliably connect your entire mass transit ecosystem (vehicles, stations, stops, maintenance yards, operations centers, workers, and passengers) to deliver a safe, efficient, and enjoyable mass transit experience? What if you could increase ridership and create greater loyalty among your existing customers? What if you could reduce both capital expenditures and operational expenditures? It's no longer just a vision but a real possibility. Today.
IP video cameras can monitor and report activity in stations and bus stops, onboard buses, trains, trams, and trolleys, and in your maintenance yards. Connected Mass Transit vehicles can communicate with each other and the surrounding infrastructure. Central operation centers can have greater visibility and data-sharing capabilities across your entire operation. Real-time monitoring, location-based services, and fleet management can provide greater efficiency and better asset management with reduced costs.
And, it all comes down to providing greater safety, mobility, and efficiency.
Digital Solutions For Cisco Connected Mass Transit
Cisco Connected Mass Transit Resources
- Cisco Connected Mass Transit At-a-Glance (PDF - 345 KB)
- Cisco Connected Mass Transit Solution Overview (PDF - 886 KB)
- Cisco Connected Mass Transit Solution Architecture (PDF - 4.43 MB)
- Cisco Connected Transportation for Education At-a-Glance (PDF - 392 KB)
Cisco IoT System Products for Mass Transit
Many of the products in the Cisco Connected Mass Transit solution belong to the Cisco IoT System portfolio, a comprehensive set of products and technologies based on a systems approach that helps to enable stronger security, reduced integration costs, and accelerated innovation.
Network Connectivity for Mass Transit
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000, 3000, and 4000 Series Switches
- Cisco 829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 3945 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 4451-X Integrated Services Router
- Cisco ASR 900 Series Aggregation Services Router
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router
Connected Safety and Security for Mass Transit
- Cisco Video Surveillance IP Cameras
- Cisco Instant Connect (CIC) (formerly named Cisco IPICS)
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Next-Generation Firewalls
Other Cisco Connected Mass Transit Components
- Cisco Unified MPLS
- Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS)
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches (stackable)
- Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers
- Davra RuBAN™ software
Overcome Transportation Challenges
Improve safety and enhance the customer experience with Cisco Validated Designs.
Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switches
Ruggedized, integrated security with high resiliency for maximum uptime.
A Better Passenger Experience
Discover how Cisco Connected Mass Transit can help improve safety, mobility and operational efficiency.Register for Webcast