802.11ac in the Real World
Learn how your peers are deploying the newest Wi-Fi standard.
Get the Latest Wi-Fi Technology
Experience high performance and value with the Aironet 2700 Series Access Points.
Meet Key High Density Challenges
Cisco High-Density Experience (HDX) aids 802.11ac wireless performance.
Cisco 802.11ac wireless network solutions can deliver more performance for bandwidth-intensive applications. They are designed with Cisco RF excellence features such as:
- Cisco Clean Air technology to support a self-healing, self-optimizing network that mitigates the impact of wireless interference
- Cisco VideoStream for clear, accurate video images through delivery of multicast video from the wired to wireless network
- Updated Cisco ClientLink 3.0 to boost performance for all clients
ClientLink allows access points to fill in coverage holes and provides improved signal coverage even in challenging RF environments.
Meet bandwidth demands and needs for increased network speed with the Cisco 802.11ac wireless solution.
802.11ac Performance Test
See a demo of 802.11ac performance through a Cisco Aironet 3600 Access Point. (4:13 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for Healthcare
See how healthcare networks can benefit from next-generation Wi-Fi. (1:57 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for Higher Education
See how higher education can benefit from the next-generation Wi-Fi. (1:57 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for Mission-Critical Wireless Needs
Upgrade your network with up to three times more performance than 802.11n networks, and add the speed, capacity, and reliability required for multimedia and business-critical applications. The 802.11ac standard helps you better adjust to today's mobility trends toward bring your own device (BYOD) and bandwidth-intensive applications such as video.
Why Upgrade to 802.11ac
Implementing 802.11ac can allow organizations to benefit from a reliable wireless network that supports a broad range of mobility applications without compromising total network performance.
The first release of 802.11ac (wave 1) offers higher performance, reduced interference, and higher speeds than 802.11n through a variety of enhancements. Some examples include:
- Use of wider channels - 80 Megahertz instead of 40
- Increased modulation - 256 quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) instead of 64
- Use of the less-crowded 5 GHz band instead of the high-traffic 2.4 GHz band
Why You Should Upgrade with Cisco
Cisco offers the components needed to efficiently create a highly secure and seamless user experience across all scenarios. Cisco technology can empower IT to provide greater business freedom with high-performance, context-aware network solutions. With Cisco 802.11ac you can fully address many types of users with different device, security, and business requirements.
More Applications, More Bandwidth, No Problem
With 802.11ac technology, organizations can gain superior speed and performance through an increase in throughput and reduction in interference than with 802.11a/b/g/n networks. 802.11ac technology can provide mobile users with a reliable wireless network that supports a broad range of mobility applications without compromising total network performance. It offers:
- Anytime access to network resources and applications
- Optimum performance to support the growing number of BYOD mobile users
- Quality of service for consistent voice and video over the wireless LAN
- Reliable connections for mission-critical applications
- Predictable coverage for challenging RF environments
Adoption of 802.11ac wireless today can protect long-term investments. Lower your total cost of ownership by delivering the performance needed to support new applications and meet user expectations for mobility.
Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) for 802.11ac (PDF - 261 KB)
Healthcare Giant Accelerates into Future of Wireless