Aironet Versus the Competition
Cisco comes out on top in independent 802.11ac Wave 2 performance test. (PDF - 1.34 MB)
802.11ac Performance Test
See a demo of 802.11ac performance through a Cisco Aironet 3600 Access Point. (4:13 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for Healthcare
See how healthcare networks can benefit from next-generation Wi-Fi. (1:57 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for Higher Education
See how higher education can benefit from the next-generation Wi-Fi. (1:57 min)Watch Now
802.11ac for High Performance, High Experience
Upgrade your wireless network with up to 65 percent more performance and throughput than 802.11n networks. Get the speed, capacity, and reliability you need to support business-critical applications. Provide the best possible experience for employees and customers.
Why You Should Upgrade to 802.11ac
The workspace is no longer limited to a corporate desk, retail checkout counter, hospital computer station, or industrial operations room. Modern workers look for reliable wireless access from multiple locations using mobile devices. And more networks are relying on Wi-Fi-enabled Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices such as sensors, thermostats, and wireless cameras.
For IT, this creates the need to deliver highly secure, scalable, reliable mobility to your business or organization. And at the same time, provide a better user experience for your employees and guests.
With 802.11ac, organizations benefit from a reliable wireless network that supports a broad range of applications. Network performance is not compromised. In fact, IEEE 802.11ac offers higher performance, reduced interference, and higher speeds than 802.11n.
Why You Should Upgrade with Cisco
Our 802.11ac solution offers the components you need to efficiently create a highly secure user experience across all your environments. High-performance, context-aware network solutions will give you greater business freedom. With our 802.11ac solution, you can fully address user mobile density across different device, security, and business needs.
- You can get more scale and coverage while delivering a better experience on all user devices through our High Density Experience (HDX).
- Whether you are a small or large business, we offer the industry's most comprehensive 802.11ac Wi-Fi portfolio, from cloud-managed to on-premise solutions.
- Clients can take advantage of increased bandwidth with support for 802.11ac Wave 2, which is compatible with 802.11ac Wave 1, 802.11n, and 802.11a
With our 802.11ac solution you can deploy more applications, connect more users and devices, and provide a better user experience for employees and guests.
- Fundamentals of 802.11ac (5:03 min)
- Fundamentals of 802.11ac Wave 2 (5:24 min)
- Fundamentals of High Density Experience for 802.11ac (5:58 min)
- Get the Most Out of Wave 2 Wi-Fi (8:05 min)
- Cisco AP3700 High Density Experience: Multi-Client Performance (2:22 min)
- Cisco 802.11ac Module Demo (2:50 min)
- Cisco Aironet 3800 Series Access Points
- Cisco Aironet 3700 Series Access Points
- Aironet 3600 Access Point Module for 802.11ac
- Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points
- Aironet 2700 Series Access Points
- Aironet 1850 Series Access Point
- Aironet 1830 Series Access Point
- Aironet 1700 Series Access Point
- Aironet 1570 Series Outdoor Access Point
- Cisco Wireless Portfolio
5 Reasons to Migrate to 802.11ac Wave 2 ( PDF - 977 KB )
Cisco 802.11ac Wave 2 Access Points At-a-Glance ( PDF - 219 KB )
Cisco High Density Experience (HDX): Enhanced At-a-Glance ( PDF - 191 KB )
Cisco Live San Francisco 2014
Continued Industry-Leading Performance via ClientLink 3.0 for High Density Wireless Networks
Enhancing Cisco High Density Experience with Cisco Air Time Fairness White Paper
Miercom Report: Comparative Performance of Cisco Aironet 1852i, Aruba AP-325, and Ruckus R710 ( PDF - 1 MB )
Wi-Fi Calling White Paper
World Congress 2014: Behind the Wi-Fi Network