Next-Generation Policy and Subscriber Management
Cisco Policy Suite for Wi-Fi is a carrier-grade policy and subscriber data-management software solution that helps service providers control, monetize, and personalize Wi-Fi offerings on their networks. The solution offers a platform for delivering a variety of services that take advantage of intelligent Wi-Fi network attributes.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Policy Suite for Wi-Fi offers industry-leading performance, high availability, and disaster recovery. It simplifies the network architecture by using a single subscriber repository that draws from older data sources without conversion or revision.
The solution provides real-time management of subscriber sessions, applications, and network resources based on service-provider-configured business rules and subscriber data management. The virtualized platform can dynamically scale your policy solution to adapt to real-world needs, helping to reduce capital expenditures (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx). With a Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) model, Cisco Policy Suite instances can be deployed much more quickly, with far fewer changes, than is possible with traditional policy hardware architectures.
With Cisco Policy Suite for Wi-Fi, service providers can:
- Rapidly define new service plans using customizable policy building blocks
- Simplify policy control and service catalog management
- Accelerate time to market for new service plans
- Increase revenue through market segmentation
- Improve customer satisfaction with personalized, tiered, and interactive services
- Reduce operating costs
Cisco Policy Suite for Wi-Fi empowers service providers to quickly deploy value-added use cases such as the following.
Subscriber Authentication and Authorization
- RADIUS and Diameter authentication protocols
- Transparent Automatic Logon (TAL)
- 3GPP-compliant Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF)
- Applying policy rules based on the service plan -- such as bandwidth speed, usage limits, number of logins, and more
- Segmenting a subscriber base through service bundles and pricing
Quota and Usage Control
- Creating time and/or usage-limited passes (for example, hour, day, week, and month-long passes)
- Tracking and applying daily, weekly, or monthly billing cycle usage limits
- Applying âpay-as-you-goâ top-ups or downgrades when subscribers exceed usage limits
- Controlling roaming overages and reducing customer bill shock
3GPP Mobile Data Offload
This capability cost-effectively reduces mobile data traffic congestion by offloading traffic through the Wi-Fi network.
The solution offers:
- 3G Mobile/Long Term Evolution (LTE) integration with Gateway GPRS Support Node/Packet Data Serving Node (GGSN/PDSN) technology, including the Cisco ASR 5000 Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- RADIUS and Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication
- Diameter Gx/Gy Policy and Charging Control (PCC) for 3GPP LTE architecture functionality
Specifications at a Glance