Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point
Provide high-performance 802.11n connectivity along with a seamless solution for wireless sensor networks in hazardous environments.
Learn about the Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point (Video 3:26min)
- Address the need for more wireless broadband coverage for uses such as video surveillance, VoIP, and data applications.
- Provide reliable connectivity for industrial sensing and monitoring equipment used in Industries such as gas and oil refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories.
The new access point is also Class 1, Div 2/Zone 2 Hazardous Location certified. Other solutions require multiple units: one for 802.11n coverage and another for ISA100.11a sensor connectivity, for example. The Cisco Aironet 1552S offers a single box solution, minimizing the total cost of ownership.
By eliminating the extra power and network connections, the 1552S saves money and also reduces deployment times. It offers a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance wireless coverage for both Wi-Fi clients and ISA100.11a field instruments. All of these factors help improve overall plant reliability, safety, and profitability.
Features and Capabilities
- Operational continuity for mission-critical applications in hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories
- Compatibility with the Honeywell OneWireless solution
- A single box solution, reducing deployment times and minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Integrated wired and wireless, which provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions, including wireless, switching, routing, and security
- Flexibility and scalability of reliable multidevice and multinetwork application delivery
Specifications at a Glance
- Integrated ISA100 compatible backbone router for wireless sensor networks
- Designed for hazardous environments (Certified Class 1 Div2/Zone2 Enclosure)
- Cisco CleanAir technology provides integrated spectrum intelligence for a self-configuring and self-healing network
- 2x3 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology
- Multiple IEEE radio support (802.11a/n, 802.11b/g/n)
- 3 antenna MIMO and two spatial streams
- Diversity antenna support for 802.15.4 sensor radio
- Multiple uplink options (Gigabit Ethernet-10/100/1000 BaseT, Fiber SFP interface)
Cisco Aironet 1552SA Model
- 100-240 VAC power supply
Cisco Aironet 1552SD Model
- 19-30 VAC power supply