Optimize Managed Internet Content Delivery
Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite for Internet Streaming (VDS-IS) is the latest enhanced version of the solution previously known as Cisco Content Delivery System for Internet Streaming. It distributes, caches, and delivers managed content across multiple devices with broad support across leading applications, available bit rate (ABR) formats, and networks.
Features and Capabilities
VDS-IS offers broad support across leading clients, streaming formats, including HTTP Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) formats, and wireline and wireless networks.
The unique benefits that VDS-IS brings to retail and wholesale content delivery networks (CDN) include:
- Support for video on demant, live streaming, and downloading across multiple screens, applications, and networks
- Dynamic content-ingest capabilities at the point of origination for massive content library support and optimal quality of experience
- Highly optimized delivery performance with content caching at the network edge, to reduce rack units, power, and cooling requirements
- Proximity routing through the Cisco Network Positioning System for intelligent, least-cost routing
Expand your hardware options with hard drive or solid-state cache servers either at the data center or in the network. Or, in an offering that only Cisco can currently deliver, expand with ones integrated with your existing Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services router. Other strategic advantages include:
- Flexible "pay as you grow" capacity licensing model with each CDN component scaling independently
- Ability to plan, build, operate, and manage your entire CDN through Cisco Advanced Services
- Sophisticated tools for CDN analytics, reporting, and provisioning with the Videoscape Distribution Suite Service Manager
Global CDN Federation Pilot
Learn about the global initiative that Cisco is leading with several service providers.Read White Paper