|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Gigabit Speeds and Power Networking
Cisco SLM2008 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch – PD/AC power Video Data Sheet
Video Data Sheet
Learn about the features and benefits of the Cisco SLM2008 Smart Switch. (3:36 min)
Get the Flash Player
A fast network switch doesn't have to be complicated. One of the Cisco Small Business Smart Switches, the SLM2008 Gigabit Smart Switch combines the best elements of Cisco's premium managed switches under an intuitive, easy-to-use web interface. The switch's eight gigabit ports provide excellent network transfer rates and future expansion opportunities.
The SLM2008 bundles traffic-shaping capabilities into its assortment of features, prioritizing your network's high-bandwidth applications to deliver consistent, quality feeds for voice and video. Security is also an essential part of the SLM2008, as the switch won't pass any data to users prior to authentication.
Additional features of the SLM2008 Gigabit Smart Switch include:
- A non-blocking switching capacity of 16 Gbps
- Port-level security using 802.1x authentication
- Support for up to 16 port- and 802.1q-based VLANs
- PoE functionality (802.3af) on one port
- Limited lifetime warranty with one year of technical support and free software fixes