Data Center-Class Blade Servers for the Branch
Reduce costs without compromising essential network services with a router-integrated, converged branch infrastructure. Cisco UCS E-Series servers are virtualization-ready and application-centric, purposely built with network, compute, and storage capacities for high-performance application hosting. Rich network services strike a balance between IT simplicity and application assurance.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco UCS E-Series Servers and Network Compute Engines bring data center-class server performance to the branch office in a small blade form factor. The blades can host essential branch network services and business applications.
E-Series servers are next-generation, performance-optimized, x86 64-bit service modules that reside in Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router networking platforms. They balance simplicity, performance, reliability, and power efficiency and are well suited for distributed branch offices with small IT footprint. The new 6-core Intel, single-wide compute blade now has up to 32 GB memory and 4 TB storage with 10-GE connectivity to host twice as much network and application services.
Network Compute Engines
E-Series Network Compute Engines (NCEs) are computing modules that are price-optimized. The zero-footprint form factor of the NCEs makes them ideal for hosting Cisco network and other lightweight applications.
Network applications include Cisco Virtual Wide Area Application Services (vWAAS), Cisco Virtual Wireless LAN Controller (vWLC), Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco ISR with FirePOWER Services, Cisco Energy Management, and others.
Business applications supported include:
- Cisco Unity Connection (UCxn)
- CUCM (Communications Manager)
- Security (ASAv)
- WAN optimization (vWAAS) and Akamai
- Wireless Lan Controller (vWLC)
- Video Surveillance Manager (vVSM)
- Network Analysis Module (vNAM)
- WebSecurity Appliance (vWSA)
Core Microsoft Windows services include Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Microsoft Windows print services, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server services, Domain Name System (DNS) server services, and file services.
Client-management services include configuration and operations management, monitoring services, update and patching services, backup and recovery services, and terminal server gateways.
- Essential branch network services in one box, saving CapEx
- Reduced service calls and associated OpEx
- Lowered TCO from energy savings, wire-free setup, and a single service contract
- Consistent management and network services across all Cisco servers
Specifications at a Glance
- Two form factors: single- and double-wide service modules
- Intel Xeon E3 and E5 processors
- Up to 96 GB of RAM
- Up to 6 TB of storage with a choice of SATA, SAS, SSD, and SED drives
Network Compute Engines
- Three form factors: single-wide service modules, double-wide Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWICs), and Network Interface Modules (NIMs)
- Intel Pentium processors (SMs) and Intel Atom processors (DW-EHWIC and NIM)
- Up to 16 GB RAM (SM) and 8 GB (DW-EHWIC and NIM)
- Up to 2 TB storage (SM) and 200 GB SSD (DW-EHWIC and NIM)
Transform the Branch
See how three companies improved business by upgrading their infrastructures.Register to Watch
Power Enterprise Applications
Find out how with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).Learn More
Improve Branch User Experience
Scale your network with Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2.Get Details