Data Center-Class Blade Servers for the Branch
Simplify your branch office infrastructure with a converged platform for networking, computing, and virtualization. The Cisco UCS E-Series Servers host multiple Cisco and third-party infrastructure services and mission-critical business applications.
Transform the Branch
Discover how three companies improved business by upgrading their infrastructure.Watch Video
Find out how UCS E-Series Servers can help you consolidate branch infrastructure. (3:43 min)
Features and Capabilities
The newly introduced Cisco UCS E-Series Network Compute Engine is an ideal platform to host Cisco network services and other lightweight applications. It offers the same features you find in Cisco UCS E-Series Servers, including the Cisco Integrated Management Controller.(See data sheet)
Also available now is the Cisco UCS E140S M2, a single-wide E-Series server with the refreshed Intel® Xeon® E3 v2 processors.
Cisco UCS E-Series Servers are next-generation, power-optimized Intel Xeon x86 64-bit blade servers designed to be deployed in Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2). These price-to-performance-optimized single-socket blade servers balance simplicity, performance, reliability, and power efficiency. They are well suited for applications and infrastructure services typically deployed in small offices and branch offices.
Cisco UCS E-Series Servers are available in two form factors. The first is a single-wide blade server powered by a high-performance yet power-efficient Intel Xeon processor E3 (v1 and v2) with four cores, up to 16 GB of RAM, and 2 terabytes (TB) of local storage.
The second is a double-wide blade server powered by a high-performance Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 with up to six cores and support for up to 48 GB of RAM and 3 TB of local storage.
In addition to the data-center-class Intel Xeon blade servers, the product features include:
- Dedicated blade management with the Cisco Integrated Management Controller and consistent management with Cisco UCS C-Series products
- Device consolidation, with all devices housed in a Cisco ISR G2 chassis
- Virtualization-ready hardware with support for Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, and Citrix XenServer*
- Ability to host applications locally: bare metal or virtualized, depending on business needs
Product benefits include:
- Form factor that accelerates and simplifies server provisioning and system maintenance
- Lower costs for hardware shipping, power consumption, cooling, cabling, space, and support
- Lights-out management through the Cisco Integrated Management Controller for remote server monitoring and configuration
- Scalable infrastructure that offers investment protection
*Applicable on certain models of the Cisco UCS E-Series
Power Enterprise Applications
Now you can with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).Click Here
Transform Your Branch Experience
Scale your network with Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2.Click Here