More Branch Flexibility, Made Simple
Deliver any network service you need in minutes. Provide new experiences for customers and employees, and introduce new business processes across the supply chain. The Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) is a flexible branch platform that gives you the power to show your business what’s possible.
Why You Should Migrate
Turn on services as you grow; only pay for what you need as you need it. (PDF – 309 KB)Learn More Benefits
Need Help Finding the Right Router?
Try our Router Selector to find the router that meets your needs.Go to Selector
Features and Capabilities
The 4000 Series represents a new, multi-service, branch platform architecture. It helps you connect any user over any connection, and offer a superior user experience.
It’s more powerful than first and second generation ISR routers, and easier to provision and manage.
The 4000 Series helps you:
- Automate the configuration, monitoring, and management of your network through the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module (APIC-EM)
- Reduce branch footprint with an all-in-one platform that brings together network, compute, and storage
- Add network services and increase throughput without disruptions or truck rolls
- Reduce downtime during peak loads with the multi-core CPU architecture running Cisco IOS-XE
You can also:
The series also offers the broadest range of connectivity options. It supports integrated Gigabit Ethernet, T1/E1, T3/E3, PRI, xDSL, and more.
Specifications at a Glance
- Cisco IOS XE Operating System
- 1-rack-unit (RU) or 2 RU form factor
- Up to 2 Gbps of throughput
- Up to 3 network interface module slots
- Up to 2 service module slot
- Up to 4 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Up to 8 CPU core integrated UCS E-Series server modules
- Cisco ONE software licensing capabilities include Intelligent WAN, advanced security, and Unified Communications.
- Network service capabilities include Intelligent Path Control, WAN Optimization, and Intelligent Caching with Akamai.
- Security services include intrusion prevention and detection, firewall, and VPN.
Deploy IWAN Faster
Get pre-validated, lab-tested design guidance in our Cisco Validated Design Guide. (PDF – 5 MB)Get Guide
More Speed and Security
Learn about the features and benefits of the Cisco 4400 ISR platforms. (4:41 min)Watch Data Sheet