Unveiling a Security Milestone
See the first threat-focused next-generation firewall – Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services.
Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services
- Industry's first adaptive, threat-focused, next-generation firewall
- Combines Cisco ASA firewall with Sourcefire threat and advanced malware protection
- Granular Application Visibility and Control with more than 3000 application-layer and risk-based controls
- Industry-leading, next-generation IPS for highly effective threat detection and prevention
- Integrated threat defense for superior protection across the entire attack continuum
Cisco ASA 5500 Series IPS Solution
- Obtain market-leading intrusion prevention with firewall, VPN, and optional content security
- Protect small business to large enterprise networks at the Internet edge, campus, and data center
- Reduce operational and deployment costs, and achieve up to 10 Gb inspection performance
- Get integrated security in a desktop or 1-2 rack-unit (RU) form factor
Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors
- Data center specific protection for servers, databases, enterprise and custom software
- Continuously defends critical servers, reducing emergency patch fire drills and IT expenses
- Context-aware IPS correlates broadest set of attacker, victim, attack information for increased accuracy
Cisco IPS 4300 Series Sensors
- One rack-unit form factor designed for edge, campus, and branch environments
- Performance ranges from 350 Mbps to 2 Gbps
- Context-aware IPS with fail open capabilities and redundant power for increased accuracy and reliability
Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Software-based, inline intrusion prevention for Cisco Integrated Services Routers
- Branch-intrusion prevention capabilities integrated into the Cisco IOS platform
- Reduced operational and deployment costs; no additional hardware required
Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems include appliances; hardware modules for firewalls, switches, and routers; and Cisco IOS Software solutions.
- Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services
- Cisco IPS Industrial Control Protection
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series IPS Solution
- Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors
- Cisco IPS 4300 Series Sensors
- Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensors
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Intrusion Detection System (IDSM-2) Module
- Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers Intrusion Prevention System Module
Protection from Threats
Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) solutions provide protection against sophisticated threats such as:
- Targeted attacks
- Adaptive Persistent Threats (APTs)
- SQL injection attacks
- Advanced malware
Solutions are available as:
- Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services for integrated threat defense across the entire attack continuum
- Dedicated IPS appliances, including the IPS 4300 and 4500 Series Sensors
- Integrated IPS services for Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances
- Hardware modules for Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) and Catalyst switches
- Cisco IOS Software-based solutions for ISRs
Powerful Capabilities for Regulatory Compliance
Cisco IPS solutions can help organizations meet requirements such as:
- PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services is managed by Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center.
Management options for Cisco IPS solutions include IPS Manager Express, a powerful yet easy-to-use GUI-based management platform for smaller deployments. For enterprise deployments, Cisco offers Cisco Security Manager.
Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services is available on Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. This solution delivers industry-leading, next-generation IPS (NGIPS) for highly effective threat prevention. With full contextual awareness of users, infrastructure, applications, and content it can detect multivector threats and automate its defense response.
Learn About Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
Protect against targeted attacks, sophisticated malware, and application and OS vulnerabilities.
At a Glance
For additional information on Cisco IPS best-in-class threat protection read the IPS Global Correlation white paper.
Cisco discloses real-world performance testing based on common deployment scenarios enabling both security and availability standards for critical enterprise applications. Refer to the IPS Performance white paper for details.
Review the latest threat alerts and learn how to mitigate them with Cisco IPS on the Cisco Talos website.
Cisco Security News
Stay up to date on the latest from Cisco.
A Strategy for Mobile Security
Understand the challenges of and solutions for integrating mobile devices into your network.Read Report
The Best of Security Newsletter
Security Connections delivers the latest offers, new features, and products each month.Read Now
Receive up to 20 Percent Trade-In Credit
Take advantage of Cisco and Sourcefire’s IPS Trade-In Program.Get Details