NSS Labs Rates Sourcefire a Leader
Learn why Advanced Malware Protection is a leader in security effectiveness and TCO.
Cisco ASA 5500 Series IPS Solution
- Obtain market-leading intrusion prevention with firewall, VPN, and optional content security
- Protect small business to large enterprise networks at the Internet edge, campus, and data center
- Reduce operational and deployment costs, and achieve up to 10 Gb inspection performance
- Get integrated security in a desktop or 1-2 rack-unit (RU) form factor
Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors
- Data center specific protection for servers, databases, enterprise and custom software
- Continuously defends critical servers, reducing emergency patch fire drills and IT expenses
- Context-aware IPS correlates broadest set of attacker, victim, attack information for increased accuracy
Cisco IPS 4300 Series Sensors
- One rack-unit form factor designed for edge, campus, and branch environments
- Performance ranges from 350 Mbps to 2 Gbps
- Context-aware IPS with fail open capabilities and redundant power for increased accuracy and reliability
Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Software-based, inline intrusion prevention for Cisco Integrated Services Routers
- Branch-intrusion prevention capabilities integrated into the Cisco IOS platform
- Reduced operational and deployment costs; no additional hardware required
Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems include appliances; hardware modules for firewalls, switches, and routers; and Cisco IOS software solutions
- Cisco IPS Industrial Control Protection
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series IPS Solution
- Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors
- Cisco IPS 4300 Series Sensors
- Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensors
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Intrusion Detection System (IDSM-2) Module
- Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers Intrusion Prevention System Module
Protection from Threats
Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) solutions provide protection against sophisticated threats such as:
- Targeted attacks
- Adaptive Persistent Threats (APTs)
- SQL injection attacks
- Malware targeting application and OS vulnerabilities
Solutions are available as:
- Dedicated IPS appliances, the Cisco IPS 4300 and 4500 Series Sensors
- Integrated IPS services for the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA)
- Hardware modules for Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) and Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco IOS software-based solutions for ISR routers
Powerful Capabilities for Regulatory Compliance
Cisco IPS solutions can help organizations meet requirements such as:
- PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes - Oxley Act (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
Management options for Cisco IPS solutions include IPS Manager Express, a powerful yet easy to use GUI-based management platform for smaller deployments.
For enterprise deployment, Cisco offers Cisco Security Manager
Exclusive Cisco Technology to Block Threats
More than 700,000 Cisco network devices worldwide send current threat information into Talos Security Intelligence. The data is analyzed, correlated, and pushed back to devices worldwide as threat intelligence, reputation data, and outbreak filters.
Cisco IOS Boosts Security
Online marketing company uses Cisco IOS firewall and threat control services to maintain a scalable, highly manageable end-to-end security solution.Read Case Study
Learn About Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
Protect against targeted attacks, sophisticated malware, and application and OS vulnerabilities.
At A Glance
For additional information on Cisco IPS best in class threat protection please read the IPS Global Correlation whitepaper.
Cisco discloses real-world performance testing based on common deployment scenarios enabling both security and availability standards for critical enterprise applications. Please refer to the IPS Performance whitepaper for details.
Review the latest threat alerts and learn how to mitigate them with Cisco IPS on the Security Intelligence Operations web pages.
Cisco Security News
Stay up-to-date on the latest from Cisco.
A Strategy for Mobile Security
Understand the challenges of and solutions for integrating mobile devices into your network.Read Report
The Best of Security Newsletter
Security Connections delivers the latest offers, new features, and products each month.Read Now