Cisco Offers Superior Performance
Miercom tests show Cisco Wide Area Application Services outperforms Riverbed Steelhead.
Cloud-Ready Solutions for WAN Optimization
Cisco WAAS is a software- and hardware-integrated, WAN optimization and application acceleration solution, and part of Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN).
Cisco WAAS reduces latency and optimizes bandwidth. (4:46 min)
Cisco WAAS provides an elastic "scale as you grow" enterprise-wide deployment model with Cisco AppNav and industry-leading scalability for secure acceleration of email, file, web, software-as-a-service (SaaS), video, and VDI applications. Cisco IWAN with Akamai Connect optimizes web and mobile applications by extending the Akamai Intelligent Platform directly into the branch.
- Software-based WAN optimization for ISR G2, UCS, WAVE appliances, and more
- Full WAAS features natively embedded within the Cisco 4451-X ISR
- Elastic scale-out deployment with Cisco AppNav
- Intelligent web caching with Akamai Connect
- New Central Manager: HTML5 iPad-ready interfaces and improved navigation
Learn more about Cisco WAAS and its wide range of benefits with information from Cisco, third parties, and Internet communities.