Simplified Software Deployment and Activation
Cisco Software Activation is a simplified approach to software deployment and management, and is implemented on Cisco Catalyst 3750-E/X and 3560-E/X Switches, Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Supervisor Engine7-E and Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2.
It helps enable customers to:
- Speed deployment and roll out new Cisco Software Activation feature sets across customers' global networks
- Centrally and more accurately manage and track software and license compliance
- Easily conduct software compliance audits to meet regulations without impacting network operations
- Simplified upgrades and license transfers save time and improve productivity; you can add new capabilities simply by using a license file.
- You can easily track software assets, licenses, and feature set status.
- A single software image improves service delivery.
Ease of Ordering:
- Try and Buy lets you use a temporary license to try and evaluate new Cisco IOS functionality before purchase.
- Pay-as-you-grow software key enables new features incrementally without service calls.
Ease of Management:
- The automated software activation and deployment capabilities of Cisco License Manager facilitate deployment and minimize errors.
How to Get Started:
- Introduction to Cisco Software Activation (Flash)
Examines the options available for registering, activating, transferring, and resending Cisco software licenses.
- Cisco Software Activation Conceptual Overview
Information about the Cisco Software Activation process.
- Cisco License Manager Overview (Flash)
Introduction to Cisco License Manager functionality and workflows.
- Cisco IOS Packaging
Simplifies the image selection process across all hardware products.
Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2
Cisco License Manager 3.0