Cisco Unified Communications 560: A Complete Voice and Data Solution for Small Business
PDF(161.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Aug 17, 2011
For small business employees to communicate effectively with suppliers and customers in today's competitive business environment, they need ready access to information, updated in real time. They also need to stay connected -- to each other and to the business applications they use to do their jobs. With the right solution, your business can collaborate more effectively and problem-solve like never before.
® Unified Communications 560 (Figure 1), a central part of the Cisco Smart Business Communications System (SBCS), is an affordable unified communications appliance that provides voice and data communications, voicemail, automated attendant, video, security, and wireless capabilities while integrating with existing desktop applications such as calendar, email, and tested third-party applications. This easy-to-use solution supports up to 138 users and provides flexible deployment options based on your needs, supporting a wide array of IP phones, public switched telephone network (PSTN) interfaces, and Internet connectivity.
The Cisco SBCS enables businesses to enhance how they reach, serve, and retain customers. It is a complete small business solution that gives your staff anytime, anywhere access to business information and applications, making it easier than ever to communicate with customers and each other. The SBCS can be configured with different devices based on your needs, including the Cisco Unified Communications 560 (UC 560), Cisco IP phones, Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches, wireless access points, approved third-party applications, and the Cisco Configuration Assistant for management.
Figure 1. Cisco Unified Communications 560
Key Features with Benefits
• IP-based all-in-one solution designed for small businesses with up to five sites networked with interoffice dialing
• Flexible call processing deployment options, including private branch exchange (PBX) or key system mode, for an easy transition to the new system based on the existing phone system
• Full-featured voice messaging and automated attendant to help improve communication among employees and with customers
• Easy access to voicemail messages from any phone, from the VoiceView Express IP phone display application, or via Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express
• Fax mail for each user, with faxes delivered directly to the desktop email client and the ability to redirect to any fax machine when checking voicemail via phone
• Choice of Cisco Unified IP Phones 6900 and 7900 Series and Cisco Small Business SPA Series IP Phones, including wireless handsets and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones
• Cisco IP Communicator soft phone, enabling employees who are traveling or working from home to stay in touch using any Windows computer
• Video telephony that is as easy as making a voice call, using a Cisco USB video camera connected to any 7900 Series phone, selected 6900 Series phones or to the IP Communicator soft phone
• Phone line connectivity using analog lines (FXO) or ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) with optional digital trunks (T1/E1/PRI), providing the ability to add trunking as the business grows
• Built-in cost-saving Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking with preset configurations from major carriers
• Four analog phone connections (FXS) to support traditional fax machines or analog phones
Secure Network Foundation
• Network security is included at no extra cost, including Cisco IOS® Firewall to protect the entry point into your network
• Virtual private network (VPN) IP Security (IPsec) enables site-to-site networking, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) provides remote users highly secure access to the network
• Three Gigabit Ethernet expansion ports can be used with Cisco Small Business ESW 500 Series Switches with Power over Ethernet (PoE) or Cisco 300 Seris Managed switches to power IP phones, access points, and other SBCS devices
• Optional external Cisco AP 541N clustering wireless access point that enables mobile networking (data and voice) for office spaces, helping increase employee flexibility and productivity
• Smart Business Productivity Applications are included with each UC 500 Series model to help enhance employee productivity:
– Cisco TimeCardView tracks employee hours worked and provides reports to managers showing who is in the office, with the ability to import hours directly to QuickBooks
– Cisco Single Number Reach allows callers to reach employees at their desks or mobile phones for improved customer service or to close sales more quickly
– Live Record and Live Reply enable Cisco Unity Express subscribers to record live conversations and store the recording as a message in their mailbox and reply to other user's messages
• Cisco Smart CallConnectors provide call control, click to dial, inbound screen pop, presence, and instant messaging, all integrated with popular Windowsapplications including Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer
• Cisco MonitorView on the Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone provides monitoring for up to four video surveillance cameras from the phone display
Simplified Configuration and Network Management
• Cisco Configuration Assistant, a Windows-based application, is available for easy configuration of the UC 560 and related SBCS devices, including unified communications (phones and software), switching, routing, wireless, Smart Business Productivity Applications, and security features
• Cisco Configuration Assistant can simplify the deployment of advanced UC560 features such as Basic ACD and meet-me conferencing, as well as configuring the UC560 to integrate with approved third-party applications
• Cisco Office Manager is a no-cost desktop application that the small business office administrator can use to independently perform routine operational tasks for the Cisco SBCS after it is configured by the partner.
For a detailed description of the features of the SBCS, see the SBCS Feature Description Guide, available at
Cisco Small Business products are offered exclusively though Cisco distribution partners.
Table 1 gives the ordering information for the Cisco Unified Communications 560, licenses, and accessories. Table 2 lists the modules and interface cards available. Table 3 gives the physical specifications for the Cisco Unified Communications 560.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco Unified Communications 560 with 24 user licenses for UC and integrated messaging, 4 FXO ports, 4 FXS ports, 3 Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet expansion ports, and 2 voice interface card (VIC) slots. Upgradable to 138 users max.
Cisco Unified Communications 560 with 24 user licenses for UC and integrated messaging, 2 BRI ports, 3 Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet expansion ports, and 2 VIC slots. Upgradable to 138 users max.
Cisco Unified Communications 560 with 24 user licenses for UC and integrated messaging, 4 FXO ports, 3 Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet expansion ports,1 T1/E1 PRI port, and 1 VIC slot. Upgradable to 138 users max.
E-delivery license for the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for 8 additional users
8 GB compact flash for Cisco Unified Communications 560. Extends voicemail capacity up to 132 hours/
3-year Cisco Small Business Support Service
Table 2. Modules and Interface Cards Supported in an Open VIC Slot
4-port VIC-FXS/direct inward dialing (DID)
2-port VIC-FXO (universal)
2-port VIC-FXS/DID (note that this card requires Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(20)T or later)
4-port VIC-FXO (universal)
2-port VIC-BRI (network terminal [NT] and terminal equipment [TE])
1-port VWIC-T1/E1 for voice (ISDN Primary Rate Interface [PRI] and channel associated signaling [CAS]); data is not supported
2-port T1/E1 for voice (ISDN PRI and CAS); data is not supported. Max of 2 T1/E1 ports on UC 560. This VWIC not supported on the UC 560-T1E1-K9 or if the 1MFT card is installed.
Table 3. Physical Specifications
19-in. rack mount, 2 rack units (RU) high
3.5 x 17.5 x 14 in. (8.89 x 44.45 x 35.56 cm)
14.5 lb (6.58 kg)
Internal 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 1.5A to 3A input current
Cisco Small Business Support Service for the Cisco Unified Communications 560
The new Cisco Small Business Support Service provides "peace of mind" coverage at an affordable price and helps you get the most value from your Cisco Small Business solution. This device-level, subscription-based service includes software upgrades and updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next-business-day hardware replacement as necessary. It provides community-based support to enable small businesses to share knowledge and collaborate using online forums and wikis to help boost business efficiency, identify and reduce risks, and serve customers better.