PDF(124.9 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:January 30, 2007
The Cisco® Redundant Power System 2300 (Cisco RPS 2300) is a redundant power system that increases availability for converged data, voice, and video networks. The system delivers power supply redundancy and resiliency for a variety of power requirements, including Power over Ethernet (PoE). Providing seamless failover in switches and routers like the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and the Integrated Services Routers, the Cisco RPS 2300 ensures uninterrupted operation and protection against device power supply failures.
The Cisco RPS 2300 can provide complete internal power supply redundancy for up to two attached networking devices. It has two power supply bays in a 1 rack-unit form factor, and can accept 1150W AC or 750W AC power supply modules. These power supply modules are also used with Cisco Catalyst
® 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches. With two 1150W AC power supplies, the Cisco RPS 2300 is capable of fully backing up two 48-port switches delivering 15.4W of PoE on all ports. The Cisco RPS 2300 also has a replaceable fan module.
The Cisco RPS 2300 helps ensure uninterrupted operation of the connected device in the event of power supply failure. Additionally, if the power supply of the attached Cisco Catalyst 3750-E or 3560-E Series Switch resumes operation, the Cisco RPS 2300 will back off with no interruption to the switch's power.
The Cisco RPS 2300 can be combined with the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E PoE switches and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems to provide a resilient, highly available converged network, offering protection against:
• Internal power supply failures in network devices
• Failure of an AC circuit (a circuit breaker tripping, for example)
• Interruption of utility power
The Cisco RPS 2300 supports several Cisco Catalyst fixed configuration switches and Integrated Services Routers (ISR's) including:
The new features introduced by the Cisco RPS 2300 are:
• Greater ease of use
– Automatic back-off when a Catalyst 3750-E or 3560-E Series switch power supply resumes operation
– Remote management (through Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches)
– Cisco RPS 2300 and switch can have separate AC sources
• Greater modularity
– Uses the same 1150W and 750W power supplies as the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches
– Replaceable fan module
– More devices supported
– Supports a wide variety of Cisco Catalyst switches and Cisco Integrated Services Routers
– With six RPS connectors, up to two switches can be actively backed up
The Cisco RPS 2300 FCS'd in March 2007.
• A typical Cisco RPS 2300 order includes the following:
– Cisco RPS 2300 (PWR-RPS2300)
– 1 RPS cable. Users may order either the CAB-RPS2300-E= compatible with Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches or the CAB-RPS2300= compatible with all other network devices. Extra cables must be ordered separately or as spares.
– At least 1 power supply, either a C3K-PWR-1150WAC that can back up 48 ports of Class 3 (15.4W) PoE or a C3K-PWR-750WAC that can back up 24 ports of Class 3 15.4W) PoE or 48 ports of Class 2 (7W) PoE. One power cable is included for every power supply ordered. There will be an additional charge for the power supplies, as they are not included in the base price of the RPS 2300..
– 1 fan module (BLWR-RPS2300=)
– 1 power supply bay insert (BLNK-RPS2300=) to block a power supply bay for effective cooling in the Cisco RPS 2300. Note: This insert will only be provided when ordering an RPS 2300 with just one power supply. It will need to be ordered as a spare while ordering an RPS 2300 with two power supplies.
– 1 Cisco RPS 2300 accessory kit (ACC-RPS2300=)
• Orderable spares include:
RPS 2300 chassis spare
Catalyst 3750-E/3560-E 1150WAC power supply
Catalyst 3750-E/3560-E 750WAC power supply
Spare 45CFM Blower for Cisco Redundant Power System 2300
Spare RPS Cable RPS 2300 Cat 3750E/3560E Switches
Spare RPS Cable for Cisco Redundant Power System 2300
Spare Bay Insert for Cisco Redundant Power System 2300
Spare Accessory Kit for Cisco Redundant Power System 2300
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
® maintenance contracts are available for the Cisco RPS 2300:
SMARTnet 8x5xNext Business Day Advance Replacement Service
SMARTnet 8x5x4hr Advance Replacement Service
SMARTnet 24x7x4hr Advance Replacement Service
SMARTnet 24x7x2hr Advance Replacement Service
SMARTnet 8x5xNext Business Day Onsite Replacement Service