The Cisco® Redundant Power System 2300 (Cisco RPS 2300) is a redundant power system that increases availability for converged data, voice, and video networks.
The system delivers power supply redundancy and resiliency for a variety of power requirements, including Power over Ethernet (PoE). Providing seamless failover in switches and routers like the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and the Integrated Services Routers, the Cisco RPS 2300 ensures uninterrupted operation and protection against device power supply failures.
• Internal power supply failures in network devices
• Failure of an AC circuit (a circuit breaker tripping, for example)
• Interruption of utility power
• Cisco Catalyst 3750-E Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3560-E Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 3550 Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches
• Cisco Catalyst Express 500 Series Switches (select PoE models only)
• Cisco 3825 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 2851 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 2821 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 2811 Integrated Services Routers
• Greater ease of use
– Automatic back-off when a Catalyst 3750-E or 3560-E Series switch power supply resumes operation
– Remote management (through Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches)
– Cisco RPS 2300 and switch can have separate AC sources
• Greater modularity
– Uses the same 1150W and 750W power supplies as the Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches
– Replaceable fan module
– More devices supported
– Supports a wide variety of Cisco Catalyst switches and Cisco Integrated Services Routers
– With six RPS connectors, up to two switches can be actively backed up
• A typical Cisco RPS 2300 order includes the following:
– Cisco RPS 2300 (PWR-RPS2300)
– 1 RPS cable. Users may order either the CAB-RPS2300-E= compatible with Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Series Switches or the CAB-RPS2300= compatible with all other network devices. Extra cables must be ordered separately or as spares.
– At least 1 power supply, either a C3K-PWR-1150WAC that can back up 48 ports of Class 3 (15.4W) PoE or a C3K-PWR-750WAC that can back up 24 ports of Class 3 15.4W) PoE or 48 ports of Class 2 (7W) PoE. One power cable is included for every power supply ordered. There will be an additional charge for the power supplies, as they are not included in the base price of the RPS 2300..
– 1 fan module (BLWR-RPS2300=)
– 1 power supply bay insert (BLNK-RPS2300=) to block a power supply bay for effective cooling in the Cisco RPS 2300. Note: This insert will only be provided when ordering an RPS 2300 with just one power supply. It will need to be ordered as a spare while ordering an RPS 2300 with two power supplies.
– 1 Cisco RPS 2300 accessory kit (ACC-RPS2300=)
• Orderable spares include:
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
FOR MORE INFORMATION