PDF(101.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:January 17, 2014
Cisco Physical Security solutions provide broad capabilities in video surveillance, IP cameras, electronic access control, and groundbreaking technology that converges voice, data, and physical security in one modular platform. Cisco Physical Security solutions enable customers to use the IP network as an open platform to build more collaborative and integrated physical security systems while preserving their existing investments in analog-based technology. As customers converge their physical security infrastructures and operations and begin using the IP network as the platform, they can gain significant value through rapid access to relevant information and interoperability between systems. This creates a higher level of situational awareness and allows intelligent decisions to be made more quickly.
Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager Overview
Part of the Cisco
® Video Surveillance Manager product suite, the Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager enables the efficient and effective configuration and management of video throughout an enterprise. It provides a secure web portal to configure, manage, display, and control video in an IP network, and provides the ability to easily manage a large number of security assets and users, including media server instances, cameras, encoders, and event sources, as well as digital monitors.
Quickly and effectively configure and manage video throughout your enterprise with the Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager. Working in conjunction with the Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server, the Operations Manager meets the diverse needs of administrators, systems integrators, and operators by providing:
• A web-based toolkit for configuration, management, display, and control of video from a wide variety of both Cisco and third-party surveillance endpoints
• Management of a large number of Cisco Video Surveillance Media Servers, Virtual Matrixes, IP cameras, and users
• Flexible video recording options, including motion-based, schedule-based, and event-based recording
• Rapid investigations over low-bandwidth links through an integrated forensic search tool
• Comprehensive control of users and user roles, including scheduling of operator shifts, event filters, and user-specific video views
• Detailed activity reports and system audits
Supported Platforms for Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager
Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager is supported on the platforms listed in Table 1.
Table 1. Supported Platforms for Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager
To place an order, visit the
Cisco Ordering Home Page. To download software, visit the Cisco Software Center. Table 2 provides additional ordering information.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager 6.3
Service and Support
Cisco and our certified partners can help you accelerate success and improve the return on your investment in a Cisco Physical Security solution. The Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle:
• Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements.
• Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design.
• Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration.
• Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with award-winning technical support.
For more information about Cisco Physical Security solutions, including Cisco Video Surveillance and Multiservices Platform products, visit
http://www.cisco.com/go/physec or contact your account representative.